Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Ofna Pirate 10 (monster wheels)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ofna Pirate 10 (monster wheels)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 12:52 AM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Pirate 10 (monster wheels)

Hey, Does anyone have the pirate 10 from ofna? that has the big wheels? not the older one. Anyone know if it's good or bad? Are parts interchangable with dominator parts?

any input would be awesome.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Isphius

Default RE: Ofna Pirate 10 (monster wheels)

The pirate 10 is a 1/10th scale version of the mp/dominator. The mp and dom have interchangeable parts, but not the 10.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:13 PM
otterball21

really? even though the arms look the same, I know the wheels are not interchangable, I'm wondering if the knuckles or c joints are the same? I'm just wondering on the arms and stuff.. I'm not worried about the stuff in the middle, except the gears...
Old 10-23-2003, 10:18 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

hey if anyone is considering the pirate 10 dont wast youre money it is nothing like a 1/8 scale it is very weak .A friend of mine decided he wanted his first nitro .after reading a truck shootout in rc car action that featured the pirate he ordered one .I actually dont know where to start it is a disheartening story the rims are so offset the back axles can bend under acceleration (he went through 6 set of axles )the front cva are of a stonger material but the front end is designed so the cva actually binds in a turn which eventually causes it to snap the plastic middle drive shaft (mainly the rear) will twist right apart if you see how quickly the truck can accelerate it did come with a 2 speed and an extra one the first self destructed within the first hour of running the front tie rod ends rub on the driveshaft and eventually self destruct it did not come with the blazer radio it came with out dual rate steering the box claimes it comes with rear cva's but it didnt .he ran a gallon of gas through it over 2 months most of the time was waiting for parts .finally decided to give ofna a call and complain got passed on to paul colman paul told him he had 2 choices ofna would send him a list of replace ment parts once or he could return it to his hobby shop which would get it to him so he cleaned it up took it in to his shop so the shop calls horizon they contact ofna paul tells horizon he did not say that. so my friend hears this and calls paul back. paul is rather rude saying he didnt mean to say what he said and all he will do now is send some parts he goes on to interupt my friend and speak very rudely the last conversation happened today .I cant believe the hassle I have a few rc's and I have never seen such a pile of junk. I dont think paul colman is cut out for customer service either
Old 10-23-2003, 11:25 PM
otterball21

hmm eeks... well anyone that has a good review about this thing? considering I bought one?! :-\?!