Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I need help before my 2.5....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 10:46 AM
patshmere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help before my 2.5....

I need alot of help before i destroy by 2.5 I received my Nitro Rustler last week and did the break in process without any problems. Well on Thusday i took it out of town and was driving it. I took the body off to add gas and turn the gain and lean gage a little to help performance. Well while i went inside to get a tool, my "i know everything about everything" cousin turned the hell out of the gage. I have been working my tell off trying to find the correct settings. I am a newbie and dont know much besided what the book tells me. It stalls out at full acc. and i dont have a temp, but i have a good feeling my engine is overheating cause it will run and then just die, and its hot as hell. Please any help before i am screwed.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:14 AM
dagass

Default RE: I need help before my 2.5....

If you have the book, reset the needles to the break in settings and start tuning from there. At the very least, if you feel you're running hot, richen up both the HSN and the LSN one complete turn (counter clockwise) to get you back into the "safe zone".
Old 10-27-2003, 11:50 AM
patshmere

How do i get back to the break in settings cause he turned the hell out of the high- needle, or whatever its called.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:59 AM
dagass

Look in your manual. It will say something like "break in settings are 3 turns out from closed on the hi speed needle and 2 1/2 turns out from flush on the low speed needle". I'm not sure what the correct settings are however it should say in your manual.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:00 PM
j-maxx

dont worry more of these problems r goin to happen with that engine thats y i decided to put a fantom iin my maxx instead i dont have any prob with tunin it now
Old 10-29-2003, 12:12 PM
mike403

the 2.5 is a great engine i love it. a few guys have problems with it but itsn user error try richining it up that will make it run cooler the richer the better .richin it till it bogs a little and then lean it a little.my tmaxx runs hot but i get full tanks all the time out of it .i'm going to buy a cooler head for it i hear they run crazy cool after that
Old 10-29-2003, 05:15 PM
j-maxx

if its stalling out the richen it . it says that in the mannul and the dvd