Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What is better value for money?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Savage ss
12.50%
savage 25
87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

What is better value for money?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:45 PM
tegwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is better value for money?

Please answer this question to help me make the right choice!!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:54 PM
mecky33

Default RE: What is better value for money?

Are you stuck on savage, or would you concider another brand, such as a CEN Funfactor MT2? I know there are people who bash Cen because of the lack of aftermarket support and the fact that it is less expensive than a T-Maxx. The bonus is, because the truck is new to the field and they knew that it would be tough to compete, they made it a pretty bulletproof truck out of the box. Plus, its an easy tuner, with more power than a T-Maxx. You can pull this truck out of the box, break it in, tune it up, and start pullin wheelies without buying a thing for it. JMO though.

Dan H.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Nitroaddict

tegwin - how anyone could pick the RTR over the SS is beyond me. the price diff is about 120.00, and u can easily purchase the needed radio for far less than that, or spend that money, and get a great highline radio that far exceeds the stock savage 25 version.

plus - u get to build it! and thats half the fun, not to mention the knowledge u will gain in understanding how everything works. Finally - it costs companies more money to manufacture a kit, than an RTR - so again, to see the ss that cheap is a steal.

Get the SS, get a nice radio, build it yourself, and u will not only be ahead in value - but in pride as well, since u put it together.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:45 PM
j-maxx

true but some ppl like the fact that its already built
Old 11-06-2003, 05:45 PM
nitromacguyver

damn straight. the MT2 is my first truck and except for the radio gear it is a great truck. if you have the skill you can race it out of box (with a new radio of course). and it goes for about 300 dollars. if i were you i'd hang on to that extra C-note and get a MT2
Old 11-07-2003, 05:29 PM
j-maxx

i havent heard that much bout the mt2
Old 11-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Element

didnt that guy win the mt nationals with a stock mt2? That about sums it up if im correct.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:40 PM
mecky33

J-maxx, You should do a search online for the Fun Factor MT2. It should pull up a few reviews for it. It was also on the cover of at least one RC magazine in the last few months. I have one, and it is one heck of a rig. It comes standard with a two speed tranny, .16CI engine, that is true ABC construction. It is one of the best performing MT's straight out of the box. There have been reported issues with the Transmitter having problems at long range, but that can be fixed with a fifty dollar transmitter from your LHS. Even after a new transmitter you will have invested less for a better performing truck. The Fun Factor is only 300 dollars, versus 400 plus hop-ups that will bring the performance of the other trucks up to par. As a comparison, the new T-Maxx 2.5 is still a smaller engined truck than the Fun Factor which is a 2.66. Anyway, if you have questions call Cen, or get back to me. I have done quite a bit of research in the last month on the Cen.

Dan H.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:42 PM
rcblaze

MT2 is a nice rig but it's not 1/8 scale. And to answer the question above for tegwin. Value wise the RTR25 is the better value. The package you get has a very good value. I agree with Nitro Addict in most of what he said, but the actual price break down. Once you say good radio i think 150 or better with some good servos. I wouldn't ditch the RTR gear just to get a Futaba am for 65 bucks or so. For that you can wait and get some real Fm or PCM gear. Now back to the MT2 nice truck man I really like how CEN hit the scene. I can't wait to see what the genisis looks like. But IMO a small block car/truck and a big block car/truck have a whole differnt feel to them. They may end up doing the same speed but Big blocks are way more torque on the low end and have more power per say. Depends really on the application.