Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Savage 25, worth the reverse module??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage 25, worth the reverse module??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 10:30 PM
adsky7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25, worth the reverse module??

When I get my 25 during christmas time, is it worth it for me to buy the reverse module???? It will be my first truck, and in most of the vids i see, the people tend to have to turn their trucks around alot. I don't wanna have to do that. But on the other hand, some hobbyists say that most people like me buy it, and end up ripping it out...... plus.. is it hard to install????

Thanx

Adsky7
Old 11-09-2003, 10:39 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Default RE: Savage 25, worth the reverse module??

I have a reverse module on my truck (Its not a savage). I do hear alot of people say they suck but for the year i had it, I never had any problems with it. So from my point of view, its worth the money. No more running out on to the track and turning my truck around...
Old 11-10-2003, 12:37 PM
ShOzz

when you are new, you might use it a lot but once you learn how to drive the only time you might have to turn your truck would be if it was upside down and well reverse will not help in that case, lol
Old 11-10-2003, 01:26 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

shozz is right ..cuz when i was lookin for a truck last year i didnt go for the saavge cuz of no reverse ..i ended up with a terra crusher ...but then i hardly used it too ...and when i needed it it wont work ...imo reverse is not really a necessity ...when u buy the savage try it for a couple of weeks first without reverse then we will see if u still goin to need it
Old 11-10-2003, 03:08 PM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

I ended up taking mine out because it was harder to break down the truck with the extra servo and linkage installed and I hardly ever used it to begin with. Also it takes up space in the radio tray and makes it harder to tuck the wiring (especially if you have a fail-safe).
I never had any problems with it's function...it just wasn't practical.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Henderson

Put me in the "no reverse" side. It's just one more thing to break and cause problems.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:02 PM
popa71

I put mine in a month after I brought my Savage. Didnt really need it but had to have evrything . I have broken my truck down several time and it has not gotten in my way. Its a very nice feature to have and its a good design. I rarely use it but its nice to know its there.