Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR TRASH???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR TRASH???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 12:11 PM
tegwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR TRASH???

What do you guys do with your trucks when they become so screwed its better to get a new one that to repair it??

If anyone has a truck that needs some serious work doing on it please let me know, i cant afford a brand new one. so try me, i might be able to take that "trash" of your desk ( already have radio gear etc..)

Please help a 15 yr old get into the sport!! I realy wana have some fun, but my financial situation isnt great. I also want a kit so i spose a serious repair is similar lol
Old 11-10-2003, 09:45 PM
mechanixkid

Default RE: WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR TRASH???

Honestly you should go with a new car even though its cheaper going with a broken one. itll cost more for individual parts than a whole car in a new set. but hey if ur mind is set on the trash car u go for it! well hope i helped later!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:12 PM
remten2001

I read your thread and it makes me angry not that i don't have a good heaart but why would anyone would give you something they worked hard for to get and turn around and give it for free?Ask your parents and beg them to buy you one if they can afford internet they can afford a RC....

Maybe you'll get something maybe not but I just don't like it when poeple try some cheap shots over the world wide web over there poor situation.....
Old 11-10-2003, 10:46 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You ever think the kid might be peddling 5 miles to the public library to us the internet? or maybe using a friends machine/connection?

OOh but you know everthing, don't ya Wizzer
Old 11-11-2003, 03:20 AM
Sigmun

I think what he meant was, get a 'trashed' truck for a really low price and not given to him.
Some people are not so lucky that they can get money without working(from the government).....
Even if he's asking for a free RC just tell him nicely you don't have to critisize him right on the spot.

Hey tegwin, relax man I'm 15 too i know how bad it is when you want one and can't get one. Cos I don't earn money too lol
I must consider myself really lucky for my parents to help me party in is this hobby....money blackhole hahaha.

You can try saving to get the cash. Then get a cheap starting kit just for fun, electric too cuz they need less maintenance, they're mostly slower box stock so you don't break too many parts, cuz this hobby is not about power and speed it's fun.

Gd luck, i hope you get your RC in the near future!
Old 11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

why would anyone would give you something they worked hard for to get and turn around and give it for free?
heres one situation.
a dudes been in rc for years. he has a catalogue of cars but some have hit one to many walls and have hence been put into retirement. no matter the dude doesnt need them anymore he has his late model cars to play with. dude retires from rc, he's selling his cars getting like half the retail price for the good ones (as you do) so whats he going to get for his retired/dead cars, well theyre not worth the hassle of selling separately, ill just give em to whoever buys my other cars for FREE.
ie he gave away his Once hard earned car, now rubbished car, for free.

What do you guys do with your trucks when they become so screwed its better to get a new one than to repair it??

thats what ebay is for
Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 AM
DCLXVI

What do you guys do with your trucks when they become so screwed its better to get a new one than to repair it??

thats what ebay is for
"Almost brand new MUST check out!!1 Not Savage MonsterGT Tamiya"

(alot of pictures of a T-Maxx, pics taken from www.traxxas.com)...

Hmmmm....perhaps Ebay fills a function...somewhere...

Old 11-11-2003, 11:11 AM
tegwin

I dont want anyone giving me anything, what kind of a bloke do you think i am???

I just wanted to buy some of your junk of you to build up my own truck as money becomes available.

I wanted to start of with a chasis and then buy parts in instalments as i already have the radio gear.

Some of u guys are realy quite offensive!!
Old 11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Sigmun

Wizen i think you've got him wrong
He's just talking about second hand....
Cheers
Old 11-11-2003, 08:32 PM
remten2001

well i think your right i might got him wrong.. so I appologize to him.....Hmmm wonder what you could of done with the last savage 5 bodys i threw in the garbage....They were pretty messed up.....Oh well i hope you find something that suits your needs...ya never know maybe someone ot an old eltric model that they don't wanna use anymore and u might get lucky on that....
Old 11-12-2003, 12:21 PM
studysession

Tegwin - how far is: Malvern from Knaresborough? I am new to the UK - not heard of that area. Are you close to Leeds? I race at a Rally croos track just outside of Leeds. It is in Wakefield. The track is behind an Inn called The Nook.

http://www.nookraceway.com

Good people, good place, lots of fun. I am selling my RC collection on Ebay. I might spend the off weekends taking my wifes TMaxx down there until I get me something else. Trying to decide what to get after I have sold everything.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:00 PM
popa71

The only problem I see is most people either fix there beat up trucks or sell them because they are always worth something. This could be pretty hard for you but I wish you luck. The other problem is usually the stuff guys are willing to throw away is so out dated you wouldnt even enjoy working with it.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:08 PM
tegwin

study session. Shove "malvern" into www.multimap.com to see where it is. i am quite a long way from leeds

And when i started this tread i was looking for some old beat up truck that you were thinking of selling and then i was gunna repair it. I just love to build and repair stuff and a trashed truck seems like a good plan as if i got a new one it would be taken appart and modified anyway.

Thanks guys

Tegwin
Old 11-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Jarret

I don't know if you have a track anywhere near you but you can always go there and see if any of the racers have old trucks that they aren't using.

If not, they could probably point you in the direction of where to get what you are looking for.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:24 PM
tegwin

My nearest track is about an hours drive away, and as my parents dont realy give a sh** i dont think i can go there.

But that has give me some ideas, maybe i could look for some factory seconds..
Old 11-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Jarret

If they don't give a sh*t then go there. Take the bus or a cab.

Or try your lhs. At mine, the manager said that he always has a bunch of maxx engines that people bring in because they are bad. Then he takes the engine, sends it to Traxxas and they give him a rebate. You might be able to get a engine from your lhs but if you do you will probably have to spend about $100 or more to get the engine running again.

Although you said that you love building things so the experience would help.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:44 PM
tegwin

yea that is a good idea, and i do usually take the train.

Hmmm rebuilding an engine would be fun, maybe i can find something to put it in, in the same way.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

if your looking for a monster truck(im assuming beacause your in the MT forum), the cheapest way to go would be a cheapo electric stadium truck, 4 inch truck shocks, and some 2.2 truck tires. Or just buy a stampede, its basically the same thing just a little more refined.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:06 PM
coreyhp
My Feedback: (1)

funny thing was i just had a car i was willing to sell for like 20 dollers because it was a peice of ****. but i wouldof sold it to you all u needed was a new engine and to fix the 2 speed gear box, but i was so pissed of i bet the chassi in half and threw it all out,

NEVER BUY DURATRAX!!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:33 PM
tattooedfreak

I have a hpi nitro rush, it is all there pretty much i think. i also have a losi xxx nt chassis and arms not as complete. dont need either any more!! got twenty others that i cant keep going!! let me know if intersted.