Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries?

I just bought my Traxxas Stampede RTR w/Radio & ESC today from www2.towerhobbies.com and it did not come with a battery. I have a Radio shack 7.2v 2000mah 23-330 Ni-cd turbo racing battery pack. Will this work for my stampede?

-Sweetshoes
Old 11-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Maxxer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Batteries?

yes but it wont last that long. go buy a 3000 pack from trinity or somthing.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:25 PM
**MilkMachine**

Again Maxxer was right.
BUT you can use a 9.6V battery in SOME ESC's. If you bought the car with a ESC DO NOT USE THE 9.9V battery. It will work, but its risky you may fry something with to many volts. Usually people use stick packs, which are 7.2 volts. Since it looks like you are starting up with the hobby, I would go to your LHS are on towerhobbies.com and find a 1500 battery are a 2000 battery.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:59 PM
mecky33

Go buy NiMH stick packs. and spend the money on good ones, don't go cheap. batteries are cheap for a reason. Like I said in one of your other posts. the NiMH will last longer, give you more power, and they will have a longer charge life than the NiCD.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:50 PM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put together a Rustler a while back to have something I could beat on without having to bring out the tool support required to run the Nitro MT's, ya know - fuel, screwdrivers, glow starters, temp guns, etc.

With the Electric Rustler ready at a moments notice I can always seem to get a quick fix of RC when needed.

Batteries, I would never waste my time with anything less than a 3000 mAh stick pack. Period. I have a stack of old 7.2V packs from my earlier electric days but none of them, even in their prime could hold a candle to the 3000's. I have a Trinity 3000 that I picked up at the LHS which was of course, waaaaaaay over-priced and I bought two of'em from [link=http://www.badhorsie.com]Bad Horsie[/link] for a screamin deal. I'm sure their are a million killer deals out there, it's just a matter of research. Remember, you do get what you pay for! So if it seems to good to be true ...