Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Sorry, But I Need Help Deciding...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Sorry, But I Need Help Deciding...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:33 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry, But I Need Help Deciding...

Okay, another "which one" thread. What can I say?

I have read all the "Yeah it does! No it don"t!" threads about the durability of the T-Maxx and my question has not been answered.

Basically, is the AE Monster Truck $200 more durable than a Sport-Maxx?

I'm going to upgrade my grandson to a MT. I have been very pleased with the durability of the RC-10GT, which is WAY better than the Nitro Rush we began with (and still run). It seems to me that AE stuff is just built better.

But I have limited experience with these things. Hence the question.

Please understand that performance DOES NOT enter into the equation. I do NOT care which one is "badder"; the kid will enjoy either one. My primary concern is durability, since I will be the one doing most of the wrenching. Also, parts cost is not a factor. I have no intention of worrying about a two or three dollar difference in a widget, shock, etc.

I wonder if the AE MT has even been out long enough for a good idea of its durability to be established? I understand it is not produced by AE themselves, but sub-contracted. Hmmm...

Anyway, you guys who have experience with both, please help me out here. The AE MT is $200 more; is that buying me better durability, or just the name?

Thanks...

Steve
Old 11-29-2003, 12:56 PM
vtl1180ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sorry, But I Need Help Deciding...

Go to your LHS and see what they stock parts for... Then get that truck... You can't go wrong with any of them... I don't think you can put a price figure on durability, it's in the hands of the driver... All this T-Maxx breakage you hear is coming from little kids who have no conception of the price becasue they don't pay for it, and because it isn't coming out of ther pocket they think they can run the trucks into walls...
Old 11-29-2003, 02:22 PM
BigBlocked

I have to agree. Sometime opinions are from those who think driving MT's means running full throttle no matter the consequences.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:16 PM
vtl1180ny

Opnions are like ___holes, everyone's got one...

But seriously... Take internet opinions with a grain of salt... You don't really know whose advice you are taking... Is this a 10 year old kid who got a nito vehicle, has no respect for it and runs it into a tree every time he uses it??? OR Is this an adult who has been in this hobby since they were a kid themselves, who has owned and has experience with most of the companies out there???

I see your a granddaddy, I'm only a daddy myself... I was looking forward to the day I could start my son in this hobby and I did... My son's only 4 so I'm not going out to get him a nitro car anytime soon... He got my younger brothers Stadium blitzer which would break if you looked at it wrong... But he showed me he could drive it so he moved up to my RC10T, yea the truck is 12 years old but it's indestructable... We go to the track and he does well for a 4 year old so for christmas he gets a brand new truck of his own... I don't think stadium trucks belong beng bashed in the backyard so he's getting an E-maxx... Figure that should hold him over for a few years... By the time I feel he's old enough to respect and handle a nitro car, he'll have enough years under his belt to handle a toy like that... Remember, these are toys, lets have fun...
Old 11-29-2003, 05:21 PM
Fast Guy

"Basically, is the AE Monster Truck $200 more durable than a Sport-Maxx?"
I have 2 MGT's and they are very durable compared to the TMaxx we had. It does have enough goodies on it that would cost more than $200.00 to buy for the Sport Maxx. The thing I like most about the MGT compared to the TMaxx and Savage is that it is so much easier to work on and that is very important to me.[8D]
Old 11-30-2003, 05:18 PM
soulstealer

i suggest the savage 25. mines crazy awesome and its in ur price range i think