Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Some tips for everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 01:58 AM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some tips for everyone

here are some tips that may or may not work to your liking but they are all worth a try?

im sure everyone has tried the ballooning thing once or twice or maybe not at all but my grandpa and i were experimenting and he had some PLASTI DIP laying around it is basically some kind of liquid plastic that harden. Dip your electrical stuff into it and let it dry for a while it should do an okay job of water proofing.

For those of you with pull starts Take some electrical tape (thick works best) and wrap it around your cord. and pull start handle. it will not look pretty but its compfortable and doesnt let your pull start cord go all the way back in leaving a nice big space to grab it.

antena wire protection, dispose of enough antena wire inside your reciever box so it only pokes out the antena tube about 1 inch. take some motorcycle fuel line or pick some up at your local auto parts store and slide it over the antena tube. cut the motorcycle tubing so it leaves 1/2 inch of the antena tube hanging out. now use some electrical tape to tape the rest of the antena wire down. make sure to leave the tip of the wire out of the tape this thick tubing will protect your antena from anything

easy open gas cap. you will need a zip tie and fuel line. slide the fuel line all the way onto the ziptie. and thread the ziptie through the hole on your gas cap. and then back up through the fuel line and zip tie it. cut the remaining ziptie off and u have yourself a hand thick handle to open your tank with

home made wheelie bar, if u have thick metal skidplates bend the rear one down towards the ground untill, when u lift the front wheels up they stop at what u want to be the highest point they will go when wheeling. if u can, weld ad an attatchment to the skid plate to make the homemade wheelie bar longer it will lessen your chances of flipping over the longer it is

well hope u got some use out of these tips
Old 11-30-2003, 10:21 AM
vtl1180ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some tips for everyone

Another way to protect the antenna is to make an antenna tube that covers the entire antenna. The tubes we use for the antenna's are the same as the tubes the airplane and heli guys use for the control rod linkanges... You can get the stuff in a lot longer lenghts and just cut it to size... I don't like bundling antenna wire up, if your are going to do that get a piece of lexan or cardboard amd spiral it around first and make sure the wire doesn't touch itself... On one of my Heli's I have a flexible whip that's meant for 72 and 75 mhz, but I'm not sure how it'd handle a rollover...