Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New Shocks, But Kinda Dissapointed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New Shocks, But Kinda Dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shocks, But Kinda Dissapointed

I just got my new shocks yesterday from Team Blue Star. They look & seem great.

But I did not get any "instructions" or extra pistons with them, just preassembled shocks & mounting hardware.

I e-mailed TBS, and they responded
The shocks do not come with instruction. We do not offer a rebuild kit for
it.
He also said they came w/50 weight oil & that most std. big-bore parts are usable on there shocks. He did NOT know how many holes are in the pistons, though.

I guess I haven't seen any other shocks come with diagrams or instructions, so I can't fault them there. But one of their selling points is the high-quality "blue O-ring" seals on the pistons, so I'd expect that they would have come with extra pistons that would match to their seals (or maybe every piston can use 'em?).

Are the shock shafts supposed to "rebound" when you squeeze them (springs removed, of course)?? I DID find a nice "how to rebuild your shocks" link thru RCU, and it said they SHOULD rebound to their FULL LENGTH, and mine certainly don't do that! But the article was about shorter ROAD shocks. I can't see why/how they could rebound though, as the piston is not pressurized, and the fact that it has holes in it would lead me to believe that any hydraulic pressure would bleed through the holes & the shaft wouldn't move that much.

They ARE very well made shocks, and light, too. I guess I just need a little help understanding them.

Dean
Old 12-02-2003, 02:24 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: New Shocks, But Kinda Dissapointed

Whoa!!! They actually sell a shock, but NOT a rebuild kit??? Thanks for posting that. I was looking at those on ebay the other night. I wont be buying those.

Matt
Old 12-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New Shocks, But Kinda Dissapointed

Yeah, but I think the point is that all these aluminum shocks are pretty much the same & that the parts are pretty interchangable.

Traxxas & Hot Bodies are the only companies that I've found on Google that offer rebuild kits.

And I knew going in that these shocks are EXACTLY the same as Dynamite & Metgatech. Check out this site, which sells them direct from the mfg, GPM Racing. http://www.rcxshop.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=36

The only reason I went to TBS is that I got a really good price on ebay.

Dean