Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

stupid axles i hate them!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
crzy-svg-usr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid axles i hate them!

ok wel i was runnign the truck today finnaly with ym friend and his buggy. i finnaly leaned my truck out a lot and it was moving then i do sum small jumps and i mean like 4 ft off the ground small and i land on the front wheel and it falls off i was like damn broke the knucke but no i snapped the shaft where the bolt goes to the whole thread was gone but at least the pin and hex were still there and my ramtech rims were fine ahaha but now i need a new reverse thread axle and bolt neone kno a good one or is their only stock?

heres sum pics thye r bones not cvds
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26705.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	79415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50370.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	79416  
Old 12-03-2003, 11:04 PM
SavageRCRacer
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: stupid axles i hate them!

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDVK2&P=0]These[/link] are the one's from hot bodies....haven't heard any complaints. Look good.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:50 AM
SH ByA

I have had good luck with the stock ones still. I did break one, but i hit a log at about 30 to break it....lol Luckily that was the only thing I broke that time
Old 12-04-2003, 09:09 AM
8000ft

i just got the cv's for mine and it was worth it. i have found that the truck steers better under power. how are your shocks set up? i mean what oil and springs? that is a high stress spot but the only things that i can think of that would cause that failure are shocks too stiff and/or a hair line crack in the shaft.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:21 PM
crzy-svg-usr

stock shocks and spring had 60 wheight oil in them for onroad use bt after summer started bashing and nwo my oil is like thinner or sumthign then stock my truck sags a lot and i like it lol its prolly if i had ot guess liek 10-20 weight int heer now