Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:34 PM
SandMan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

Hi, i have had a emaxx for abot 2 years now and i was driving it (30 sec worth) and it all of a sudden stoped. i can turn the wheels, switch gears but when ever i give it gas it wont move. the motors dont even try to turn. i checked all of the wires and they are fine. what should i do? Thanks
Old 12-11-2003, 10:15 PM
wishtoHB

Default RE: HELP!

Well, I assume you didn't get your ESC wet at any point and you know you have two good battery packs. It sounds like the wheels will turn freely. The cheapest thing to try is new crystals. If someone you know that has a T or Emaxx I would switch out the TX and RX crystals and try again. If not, buy a same color set at the local hobby store (LHS for short) usually about 12.00 a set and put those in and try again. It sounds like your reciever is not hearing a command. Make sure the antenna wire is not broken at the base where the blue tube goes into the chassis.

Last but not least, if you have a scanner or ham radio you can tune to the RC freq of 27.965 or whatever your is and listen there to hear your transmitter makeing a wierd noise when you hit the gas! You can eliminate the transmitter if you hear something then check the reciever.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:30 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: HELP!

Man, you've gotta narrow it down. Take the motor wires off the esc, touch them to a charged battery. That way you can make sure your motors are NOT the problem. I've had sooo many problems with electric motors in my past, i finally gave up on them. I got hooked on nitro, and havent looked back. Someday i might do a xxx-4.

Matt