Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Locking Diffs

Old 12-07-2003, 03:39 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking Diffs

I just had a weird idea.......you know that Silicone Sealant that people use for cocking? Well my dad just bought some and I was looking at it and I though maby if you pack your diffs full with Silicone Sealant and let it stand for a day or to....then once its harden, wouldn't it lock your diffs? I bet it would probably work but could you get the hardend silicone out of your diffs? Just a thought for all you rock crawlers.........
Old 12-07-2003, 03:53 PM
studysession

Default RE: Locking Diffs

I thought that was what the Traxxas Spool for T-Maxx was for? I bought one and waiting for it to arrive. I putting in the rear of my wife's TMaxx.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:57 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Yes but I'm talking about a way that you can lock your diffs with ordinary stuff from home and no money spent. So what does everyone think of my idea? does it suck or could it work?
Old 12-07-2003, 04:04 PM
studysession

It might work - But I would think with no lubrication at all, there might be some issues later. I would not try it.

THe Spool you can get for $10 american off Ebay with less the $2 shipping. Sometimes you see buy it nows for around 11 or 12 american dollar. They are cheap.

I have heard some people using JB Weld or Silly putty in their diffs. They post here about doing it but never post the results.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Thanks but I'm shure they don't make spools for my truck. Maby the T-Maxx ones might fit......I should try it.

as for people using Silly Putty......thats worse then my idea! It would't lock the diffs very good so since the spyder gears would still be spinning, then that leaves me to beleive that it would wear down fast. Atleast my idea forms to the shape of the diff and then hardens......

I won't try it but I thought I would post it up to spark someones imagination.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:26 PM
studysession

JB Weld is cheap - but once you do it, it is permanent. I like using JB weld stuff. It bonds almost anything back together.