Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Big Joe 40 Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:23 PM
MrSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Joe 40 Series

hey guys me savage 25 should get here next monday and i heard the stock tires are actually pretty good but when those are shot, would you recomend big joes? i kno they are larger so will they make my truck much slower or will the handling of the truck be significantly worse?i think they look awesome and look like they'd have good grip but just wanna make sure my savage won't be creepin about with the handling of a washing machine. thanks guys!
Old 12-09-2003, 06:27 PM
MrSavage

Default RE: Big Joe 40 Series

sorry i forgot somthin, umm how bout the velocity wheels? will the chrome chip of easily then look bad because i got some chrome rpm slingshots for my rc10gt and they chipped almost all they way off within the first two tanks.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:31 PM
G1GY

Just my opinion, but I would stick with smaller lighter tires like the ones that are on there stock.

The huge tires only look neat and that's the extent of their usefullness.

Maybe check the Pro line tires. All the Maxx series tires work great on the Savage.

Huge tires = Poor handling and more broken parts IMO.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:37 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

the chrome wheels do eventually start to chip on the edges....it doesn't look horribly bad but alsong as you don't do too much crazy stuff, your wheels should be fine
Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
MrSavage

alright thanks guys i'll debate on which of the smaller tires i should get when the time comes that i need them.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:36 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

if u would want another set of wheels go for ramtechs aluminum wheels instead of investing a lot of money on plastic rims ..this what iregret up to this day ..i stripped stock rims ,velocity6 and ufo which if u add them up is enough to buy aluminum wheels and they are not that heavy
Old 12-10-2003, 04:21 AM
Rex2342

Skip the Big Joe's.They are very heavy compared to the other 40 series tires available now and steer clear of the Velocity rims as well.I switch to the Outback Weld 40 series for the TxT-1 and bought a set of Savage-Central adapters and I am VERY happy with this setup.The chrome on these wheels still remains flawless after roughly 3 gallons and some hard bashing.I was very surprised at how well te chrome is holding up.The outback rims are nice because they don't use the hex like the stockers.Instead the alloy SC adapters go over the hex.The rims have 5 studs that go into the adapters and it's a much more durable design.

Read more here:

http://www.savage-central.com/ftopic758.html
Old 12-10-2003, 01:31 PM
studysession

OK - I did not read all, but some of the posts here.

Down at Maxbashing - they put on the Big Joe 40 Series because they weigh less than the stock TMaxx wheels and tires. Now I see people saying they weigh more. I never had them myself.

I know they are bigger. But bigger does not always mean more weight. They have a lower profile from how they look. Does anyone have the actual weight of the tires? In issue 2 of MaxBashing magazine they have a whole article where they are reducing the weight of a TMaxx 2.5 for better track performance and they recommend the Big Joes because they give the truck a wider stance to help better handling, and reduces over all weight of the truck.

I want to know how heavy are the Big Joes vs Savage stock wheels and rims and TMaxx stock wheels and rims.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Rex2342

The 40 series rim/tire combo does wonders for the Savage's handling.The wider stance and low profile tire help it corner very well.The Big Joe tires are heavier than the Masher and Dirt Hawg 40 series tires though.I compared the weight of the tires at my LHS and it is noticiable just by holding them in your hands.I didn't actually weigh them so I can't give the actual difference in weight but it is noticeable.If your going with the 40 series setup I say get the Dirt Hawg tires instead of the Big Joes.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:49 PM
td_enterprise

You will love 40 series tires/rims on your savage. Check out the Dirt Hawgs though instead of the Big Joes. They don't have that huge overhang, they are lighter, and IMHO look better too.

http://www.renegaderc.com/shop.mv?PROD=PRO1112-00