Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

threadlock on newer Thunder Quake ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

threadlock on newer Thunder Quake ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 06:20 PM
dragonwen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default threadlock on newer Thunder Quake ?

I just got TQ., it is huge compare to the 1/10 scales rc I have. I was getting ready to take it apart so I can put treadlock on the metal parts, but I think there is threadlock on the them (factory applied). I have stopped, I didn't want to take it apart if there's threadlock already on it, can anyone out there verify if the threadlock is applied or not.
thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: threadlock on newer Thunder Quake ?

Why don't you contact duratrax and ask them? Anything said here would just be a guess!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:30 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: dragonwen

I just got TQ., it is huge compare to the 1/10 scales rc I have. I was getting ready to take it apart so I can put treadlock on the metal parts, but I think there is threadlock on the them (factory applied). I have stopped, I didn't want to take it apart if there's threadlock already on it, can anyone out there verify if the threadlock is applied or not.
thanks

It's possible that yours has loctite on it as some have reported that theirs did also. Mine did not as the screws seemed to easy to back out and no visible sign of loctite factory applied.

It's your call. You can run it as is....just keep a close eye on it when you bring it in for fuel.....stop the engine...and look it over carefully and see if anything is loosening up.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:32 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, every few tanks of fuel you should be checking all nitro kits for loose and backed out screws and bolts. I would also suggest going through your kit before you run it and check the grease in the diffs and replace with more/better quality grease.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:21 AM
dragonwen

thanks for the replys, I also sent an email to Duratrax to find if they do use threadlock, one thing I realized on looking at the TQ's picture on Duratrax web site is on my TQ there's a fail safe spring connected from the throttle servo to the engine block.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:59 AM
WSW-WYATT-EARP

going through your truck and reapplying loctite ... is more of a piece of mind ... nothing worse than having fun with your truck and then having something come loose and break something ... then your truck is down ...

it also gives you a chance to get to know the truck ... and as gator said replace the lub in the diff cases and the reverse gear box ... i used a marine quality bearing grease and has worked extremely well for me ...

just remember ... better safe than sorry .....
Old 12-16-2003, 12:51 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

There right! When is the better time to get to know your truck (A) Right now when it is in perfect shape??? or (B) When it has been in a most unfortunate mishap and is in many many pieces????

I would go with (A)