Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

SCALE BODY INFO

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 12:21 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SCALE BODY INFO

What is a "scale model"... "Scale Looks" means... "scale = realism" or "realistic scale looks" which agains means "realistic proportions/looks"

Example; ALL real monster trucks like the (WILDFIRE) monster truck have tires that are about/approx 63 inches tall. The truck cab of the real monster truck "WILD FIRE" measured from the bottom of the rocker pannel (lowest part under the door) to the top of the trucks roof is about/approx 53 inches tall. What this means is, if you were to to take a real M/T tire and a real ford truck cab and set them side by side on the ground the real M/T tire would be about/approx 10 inches taller then the real truck cab if they were both level on the ground which is not that much.

Another way to look at it is a "real" monster truck tire will come up to the top of a real mans/persons neck that is about/approx 6 feet tall. A real 6' man is taller than a real m/t truck tire by about/approx a "head" length.

Now the point of all this is many "newbies/kids" do NOT have a CLUE what scale is and that many think that a stock t maxx or stock savage looks realistic which they are not if you compare tire to body size,... when you do these kits are out of porportion and are NOT realistic nor are they to scale and look closer to a "Radio shack " toy then they do to a "Real" M/T truck. Example, tire to body porportion, the Sav and even a Max would have tire that is close to 8 or even 10 FEET TALL! compared to it's 10scale body, which NO real monster truck has or uses.

Here is a 10scale body beside 8scale EK-4, MGT, and Monster Blazer tires, it is compeatly out of scale.

Tires that come on kits like the USA-1, Mad Force, TXT, CLOD, TITAN, MGT, M/T Blazer, and even others like the Savage tire (because of there height) are closer to being a true "monster truck" tire when you compare them to a true 8scale body (not the stock bodys they come with) and have a more realistic porportion when you compare there (tire to body) heights.

8scale Parma/mrc body

You can see the tires are just a bit taller than the model truck cab, same as "real" M/T tires would be on a "real" M/T truck.

10scale HotBodies body

You can see how out of scale this is, these tires would be about 10 feet tall which is not to scale and has a more "KIDS TOY" look to it.

Here is real to model comparision

This is more of a correct "scale truck" look... a 8scale body with 8scale EK-4 tires.

With Monster Blazer tires

Twin Titan with PARMA/MRC 8scale body

Old 12-10-2003, 08:31 PM
The Boss

Default RE: SCALE BODY INFO

MORE INFO. LOTS OF PICS

Based on that most of the new R/C truck kits are promoted and sold as 1/8 scale truck kits the bodys on the majority of these 8scale kits are out of porportion to there tires and wheel base. In the dictionary "scale" has many meanings including what we are speaking of here. (measurement of distance / length)

As far as "scale" goes, let use a true "1/8 scale driver figer" that is made by Dumas and RC parts for refrence. These figers are used in many "scale" looking 1/8 scale R/C kits.

Now lets use a 1/8 scale Dirt Demon truck as an example.

The kit comes with a extened 10 scale body that has a 12 inch center to center wheel well opening that still does not fit/match the wheel base on the stock Dirt Demons 8scale 14 inch wheel base.

Now from here if we take the 1/8 scale driver figers and set them by the body on the 8scale DD truck this is what it looks like.

Also lets put these 1/8 scale driver figers by a Parma 1/10 scale ford truck body that has an approx 10.5 inch center to center wheel well opening on the 8scale DD and see what it looks like.

Now lets try some 1/8 scale truck bodys with and with out the 1/8 scale driver figers on the 8scale DD for comparison.

PARMA/MRC 8scale ford TK truck body.

PARMA 8scale grave digger body.

PARMA/MRC 8scale racer BK truck body.

Now all thes 8scale type R/C Parma bodys have wheel well center to center openings that were designed to fit R/C trucks with an approx 14 inch wheel bases.

The Dirt Demons stock tires are Very close to scale with the 8scale ford body as would a REAL monster truck tire and body sitting side by side would be.

Also just for comparision sakes here is a 1/10 scale r/c driver body and a 1/8 scale r/c driver body side by side.

[signature]

STICKS AND STONES may break my bones (and guns may even kill me) but WORDS will never hurt me.[/signature]
Old 12-10-2003, 08:35 PM
The Boss

I personaly like some degree of reallistic looks I always have (it dose not have to be perfect) close as possible is good to, I am just not into the radio shack look but if some people like that kind of look then thats OK too. So what looks more real or closer to real for you?

[signature]

STICKS AND STONES may break my bones (and guns may even kill me) but WORDS will never hurt me.[/signature]
Old 12-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Clod
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u want scale then don't go with monstertrucks go for on road or maybe a tamiya pajero solid axles all round 4wd locked factory diffs all terrian tyres and it jus so cool
Old 12-13-2003, 10:56 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I thought I had allot of time on my hands