Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I need help, my pull starter is melting???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I need help, my pull starter is melting???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 07:49 PM
twitch_bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help, my pull starter is melting???

I just bought my very first MT....a TITAN DELUXE!!! It is a very nice truck and it goes bloddy great!!, but within the first 20 mins the pull starter began to melt!!!! i called my distributer, and he told me not to worry and that it wouldnt melt through it!!!!...BUT he was wrong, about half way through my second tank the pull starter was gone!!!!....I hav no idea wat to do!!...i could replace it with the same thing but i know the same thing will happen!!!...should i bend the pipe out so that the pull starter is not touching the pipe????....or can you get a rotor starter to fit a titan???.....PLZ help!!!
any comments welcome!!!!!![]
Old 12-11-2003, 10:38 PM
wishtoHB

Default RE: I need help, my pull starter is melting???

really? Melt? How does it do that? Do you have a temp gun? How hot was the head?
Old 12-11-2003, 11:44 PM
twitch_bitch

Yep it melted off!!!!...i dont hav a temp gun.., but i was only running it 4 about ten mins!!!!...and it was only my second tank put through it!!!...do u hav any suggestions???....the pull starter is right up against the pipe!!![]...im so angry...i cant stand not driving my car!!!!
Old 12-12-2003, 08:36 AM
3rcfreaks

just slide another rubber exhaust coupler up along side it on the pipe. it will keep the heat away. send the old pullstart to ofna with copy of your receipt from the truck and they should replace it, they did for me. you might also want to replace clutches with some aluminum ones, mine burnt out after 5 tanks.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:57 AM
twitch_bitch

...thanx heaps 4 the comments!!!...i liv in AUS so i just took my car back to my dealer!! and they are ordering a new pull starter now!!!....then they r gonna bend the pipe out a little...i might try sliding an exhaust coupler up it tho if bending it doesnt help!!!...wat was that about the clutch burning out????.......how much did it cost u 4 a aluminum one????....THANX fellas!!!!