Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

FR-18 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 07:02 AM
bigjdubb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FR-18 Owners

How are you liking your engine so far? I know the power is good and it will make the truck scream. How has the engine been acting? Does it hold a tune very well? After 8 gallons my TRX 2.5 is finally gicing out and I am ready for more power. I think the FR-18 is the best bang for the buck.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:58 PM
studysession

Default RE: FR-18 Owners

I have one but not finished break in yet. Only ran 1 tank though a few weeks ago. Been sitting in my garage since.

So far from what I can tell, it has lots of power. Not to much more to say til I finish break in. No plans in near future to mess with it. Maybe after holidays. I been messing with more electric for now.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:22 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

the company that makes these is not the most quality company. so you could get lucky and get a good one or not get a good one. i did not get a good one, but i ported it and now it is SOOOO fast, and im not even done[>:]....

it tunes easy, and holds pretty well.

bubbafien
Old 12-15-2003, 03:24 PM
bigjdubb

Thanks guys, I know there has to be more FR-18 owners out there.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
studysession

I posted asking about this engine few months back and lot of people replied and it helped me make my decision.

A lot of people also posted about the Sirio. I think i will be happy. That 1.95bhp is hard to beat.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:39 PM
CGi_Rogue

ORIGINAL: bigjdubb
I think the FR-18 is the best bang for the buck.
That is why I got one. So far I have maybe run 8-10 tanks through it, and so far and have been impressed with it. It seems to hold a tune really well, and one thing that my 2.5 would never do was idle for more then a few seconds before I would have to bump the throttle a little bit to keep it from stalling out. The Fantom seems to idle for a long time with out having that problem. I ran it against a 2.5 and there is a definite speed difference, maybe 3-5 mph, but the thing that is most noticeable is how much faster it will get to top speed compared to the 2.5. I had about 5 gallons through my 2.5 and it still running very strong, but I got a good deal on the Fantom so I couldn't pass it up. I only wish that I would have done it sooner. I can't wait for racing to start up again next year to see how it will do against the Sirios'. Toward the end of the year I was starting to beat them with my 2.5 so it should be better with the Fantom in there now.