Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

reverse module binding???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 02:49 AM
navyelk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse module binding???

OK got my savage 25 today and before i even fired it up i put in the reverse module and it seems to be binding I am not sure if the is normal but it only does it for about a quarter of a revolution. I am not sure if i should start the truck up for the first time if this is a problem I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else or if someone can give me some advise it is appreciated

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-17-2003, 09:32 PM
hioctane
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: reverse module binding???

when you installed the module did you make sure all the bearings and gears where all in order and in place?make sure all gears meshed properly and finally did you set your servo as directed 45 degrees off center check the servo setting it could be off and only shift partially
Old 12-17-2003, 10:54 PM
G1GY

I think that's normal. The gears won't always mesh when you shift it and the engine isn't turning the tranny. If you tried moving the shifter lever in and out before installing the module, you probably noticed that it wouldn't always shift unless you rotated the output or input shaft a bit.

Bellow is a pic of the proper servo position when it's in forward gear. The second pic shows the parts that you should have left over after you install the module.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27195.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	83184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89479.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	83185  
Old 12-17-2003, 10:58 PM
G1GY

Oh! And before I forget to mention it(You probably already know this), make sure that the truck is completely stopped before shifting into the oposite gear! From what I've heard, this is how some guys have been breaking the module.