Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

how much would you say i could get for my maxx??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

how much would you say i could get for my maxx??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:48 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much would you say i could get for my maxx??

hey, christmas is coming up and i think this would be the ideal time for me to switch from maxx to either a savage or buggy. i want a big block and something a little more forgiving when i hit stuff or run over the neighbor kids anyways, i am leaning towards selling my maxx and buying either a savage 25 rtr or an ofna hyper 7 pbs. here is what is on it, i want to know what you guys think i could get for it, there are a few things that will need replaced, and ill mention those too:

fantom fr18 engine - about 2-1/8 gallons through
sirio big bore pipe
gs exhaust seal, manifold seal, air filter adapter
motorsaver filter
rpm front a arms
proline bumpers
rpm skids
ae shocks
4 trinity black springs, one in each corner
proline crowd pleazer body
venom temp monitor
dynamite fuel filter
FOC

broken/needs replaced:
spur gear(~$3)
turnbuckles/ball ends(~$25 i THINK for stock replacement)

so, let me know what you guys think, if i can get $300 then i should be able to get it with the help of my paychecks.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:36 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: how much would you say i could get for my maxx??

In my opinion, high 300, but i would start at about 425-430. Depending on the condition of the truck. Visible condition! You can always count on getting about half, or less than what its actual cost is. But with it being a 2.5 maxx, Fantom motor, sirio pipe, AE shocks, and temp monitor. I would say 425-430.

Matt
Old 12-12-2003, 12:35 AM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say Don't sell it!

It's not cost effective and with a little extra work you can own two nitro's. I believe everyone should own several RC's!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:50 AM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: godlyone

I say Don't sell it!

It's not cost effective and with a little extra work you can own two nitro's. I believe everyone should own several RC's!
Now, that i totally agree with. Just keep adding to the collection!

Matt
Old 12-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

These things are just like real cars.....once you take them off the lot and put money into it you will never get it back.

I agree with working a little bit more and getting another one and keep your t-maxx. Sounds like nice upgrades to throw away money on. Plus when something breaks on one, pull out the other!!
Old 12-12-2003, 02:50 PM
flatlander_14

i know im not going to get back what i paid and i know its not cost effective, i would LIKE to own two but my parents simply wont let me(bleh, my money anyways, i live ina dictatorship... lol). i really want a buggy instead. i am sick of my maxx. i need something more durable. i saw an mbx pro hit a wall at full speed and it only lost a suspension arm. my maxx would have broken arms, skids, turnbuckles, ball ends, bulkheads, probably bent chassis, etc etc. im just tough on it. i can spend $300 to bombproof it for now(supermaxx widetrac suspension, rrp slipper kit, and acncm bulkheads), or get a REAL RC. plus, even though i am losing a lot of money i invested in it, i can look at it as possibly starting someone up with a good first truck, or a thriving addict's 20th

how much do you think i should ask for?
Old 12-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

i would also just keep it. I cant justify spending that much then selling it for that little... im too cheap. Or what you can do is hide it under your bed or something, get all the money you have together and say i sold it for this much, then buy a new one.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Deandome

saw an mbx pro hit a wall at full speed and it only lost a suspension arm. my maxx would have broken arms, skids, turnbuckles, ball ends, bulkheads, probably bent chassis, etc etc. im just tough on it.
A) Dunno what kind of wall you're talking about , but a 4WD buggy going 40mph into a brick wall head on will BURST INTO PIECES!!! They're LIGHTER than MT's, which means impacts arent't as ugly, but the shock towers, arms, etc. are NOT as big & solid, either.

I just watched my new WAY cool "XXX Main Squared" DVD, and they DESTROY buggies in that thing (very entertainingly!!!)

BTW, what major durability/breakage problems have YOU experienced so far? Are you getting scared off by all the Maxx bashing on this board, or have you crushed bulks, arms, etc.??
Old 12-12-2003, 06:06 PM
flatlander_14

ive broken:

2 a arms, 2 bulkheads, 1 knuckle, 2 motor mounts, 2 spur gears(because of motormounts breaking), a rod end, stock shocks, 2 bodies, a few skidplates, and 1 bumper mount.

either way though, the more i am looking into them, the more i want a buggy lol.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:43 PM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

i think if u upgrade the max a little more to make it stronger it will be about the same price as getting a buggie, and it will be stronger than alot or all of the of buggies. i say just keep it
Old 12-12-2003, 06:45 PM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

by the way these things arent meant to survive a 40 mph run in with a concrete wall. alot of people breaking parts on t-maxx's are running into mailboxes curbs trucks cars ect. dont run into stuff and u wont break AS MUCH your gonna break something no matter what truck u have unless your driving it easy
Old 12-13-2003, 02:19 AM
ducati74868

I sent you a PM...
Old 12-13-2003, 10:47 AM
clodzilla

MitchTmaxx is right, maybe you could just learn to drive it a little better, I RARELY break my R/C's unless I'm trying to. They do have their limitations and WILL break if slammed into poles, walls, curbs, etc. just don't try to make your truck or buggy indestructable, try to "drive" it better.....just a thought!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
otterball21

blah it's not all the driving. It's all about the fun and reckless driving. You want to drive carefully. Go take a drive in a regular car. My buddy might sell his also. He has the extended conversion, with the rpm arms, wide stance, cvd's, xtm 24.7 conversion. one piece pipe. Just broken in engine. looking for $450, slightly negotiable. VERY VERY nice truck. He RARELY runs it though. He has a hyper 7 buggy that he plays with alot. he likes his buggies.

Anyone with any offers on the Tmaxx extended 24.7 ... PM me
Old 12-13-2003, 03:53 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Hey, sell it for 400$ flat and buy a Hyper 7 PBS brand new. Trust me, I loved my terra crusher, but dagass said it somewhere else "Casey really started to light up when we let him drive our PBS's". You will never look back to MT's again. I personally got sick of nitro, so i went the electric way of 8th scale buggies Trust me, Talk to Dagass, Talk to Lynx_The_Great (traded his very nice tmaxx for a buggy). They will all tell you the same thing as me, you will never look back. The only time a savage or MT will outperform is on really rough terrain, which we rarely ever drove on. Reading this post i see 3 avid maxx fans so of course they will say keep it Sell that puppy and get a buggy!
Old 12-13-2003, 03:58 PM
otterball21

Speed and offroad, the buggies have a blast... however the most fun is a Truggy. My pirate 10 monster is a truggy, the only downfall with this truck is that it has too much power. Making it quite a mess, however it is a BLAST! It needs a wheelie bar sometimes, but it's built on a buggy chassis with truck wheels, can tackle anything you give it. Extreme top speed. The monster trucks just don't have that top speed and capability.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:39 PM
flatlander_14

i may be forced to keep it now, my parents nearly crapped a brick when i told them i wanted to sell my truck for $400 or so and buy a buggy. im telling them it will take another $700+ to make me happy with my tmaxx but only the cost of an upgrade engine and electronics(~$300?) when i feel the need to if i traded my maxx for a buggy. so i guess im gonna sit my maxx aside until i can afford a load of stuff(ue widetrac, 2 more knuckles from ue, rrp slipper, racers edge cb, wheels/rims, radio). bleh.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:33 PM
otterball21

oh you have the old .15 verison of the tmaxx? eeks.. my buddy had that too, but he upgraded the maxx to wide suspension with the GPM arms, the extended xtm kit and the plate etc etc
Old 12-14-2003, 07:07 AM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoever thinks a MT will ever(EVER!) be as tough as a buggy is on crack !!! [sm=bananahead.gif] !

I say get the buggy, it will cost you way less o keep running ...and a buggy is a far more performance design of R/C than T-Max.

Sell the T-Mazx before its really worth nothing and get a buggy...you absolutely will NOT regret it !

TM
Old 12-14-2003, 10:53 AM
ac112785

if it comes with the fantom and 2.5 engine then sell it for $400 min and you could sell the 2.5 if u have it on ebay for min $80.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:04 AM
R/C Madman

I hate doing it but, if you want to get the most $$ for it it's better to part it out! The only problem is it can take much longer to get everything sold and you may end up with parts you can't sell or use. I parted out one of my .21 Maxx's on Ebay and got back $450 of the $600 or so I had in it but, it took me about a month to sell everything.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:14 PM
flatlander_14

ok, change of plan, after a long talk with my parents we came upon an agreement. i can sell the truck as long as i only spend $25 a week on it maximum. i go through fuel about a gallon per two weeks. it will work for me. so im going to sell the truck and use the money to put towards an ofna hyper PBS or PCR rtr. ducati, i will be sending you a PM as soon as i get pics. i failed to mention that i have like 2 boxes full of spare parts for the truck so there is no reason it is worth less than $400. i poured over $1000 in hopups into it, i think i should at least get back $400. ducati, when i type up your PM i will list everything i have. it will be a LONG list.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:06 PM
supernova803

Parting your truck out would be a good idea. Especially with all those hop-ups.