Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New Bright Avalanche / H2 Problems

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New Bright Avalanche / H2 Problems

Old 12-20-2003, 04:54 PM
comptech_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bright Avalanche / H2 Problems

I have onea those really big New Bright Avalanche r/c trucks. (Same as the H2 models) I bought it to slowly mod it, but currently don't have the money. The first time I used it, I shattered the drive shaft gears in the differential. I'm looking for someone that has onea these but modded it and has a few spare parts just gathering dust. Another thing that I managed to do was to shatter onea the headlight bulbs. Those damn things are impossible to replace. Radio shack, nor any other electronics store supplied the right size/voltage lights. I'm actually looking to get my hands on 8 bulbs for what ima be doing to the truck. If anyone can offer me any parts for free or really cheap I would appreciate it. I would just like to enjoy it like it is until I have the money to make it really cool. Can anyone offer some help???
Old 01-07-2005, 11:27 PM
comptech_69

Default RE: New Bright Avalanche / H2 Problems

Well thanks for looking and not helping everyone! Anyways I got it fixed a year later and I'm working on modding it. I've done some work ... Not much, but I just started working on it again. My electronics friend, so I replaced them with some Nikko digital proportional electronics so I can swap out frequencies and what not. it sucks that i lost the sounds and the blinkers, I want to figure out how to get that aspect working somehow someway. I bought one of those Ford F350's with the lags from radio shack to take the chassis and put it in my avalanche because that F350 is crazy fast and the suspension is great and the 4WD works excellent. The only problem thought is that it's significantly smaller then the avalanche and I didn't feel like making a custom chassis to make it fit. I have under body lights, winter tires & rims, interior lighting, massive LED headlights and other random mods... Eventually its going to be really sweet.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:36 PM
DarkSavageX

looks awsome. nice job
Old 01-07-2005, 11:44 PM
comptech_69

thanks, i'm thinking about changing the interior light to blue though because i think that there is too much red. I'm also planning on converting the blinkers to wig-wags for when the truck is in motion
Old 01-07-2005, 11:48 PM
DarkSavageX

blue would look cool
Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 AM
EMaxxer05

I saw a guy post one on here that he put on an E-maxx chassis. It was one smoothe looking ride. The bodies on those things are just unbelieveably detailed.