RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Doh! Help w/Fuel Filter Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doh! Help w/Fuel Filter Needed

perhaps the most basic & non-controversial post here ever!!

I got a fuel filter for my truck, one of the bigger ones that's about 1.5" long (looks like more of a "barrel" than "two funnels stuck together"). The LHS guy said those kind are better 'cause they can handle more fuel flow.

The filter screen itself is at one end of the filter (not the middle), so I need to know WHICH WAY DO I INSTALL IT??

Should the screen be the FIRST thing the fuel flow hits, or should it pass through the "reservoir/body" first, THEN hit the screen on the way to the engine?

With the small, "regular" filters, there is no difference, but I'm guessing one orientation IS bettter than the other re. the "barrel" filters.

Thanks!

Dean
Old 12-23-2003, 02:14 PM
metrologist

Default RE: Doh! Help w/Fuel Filter Needed

Dean,

I have used many different size fuel filters and I have not seen size change fuel flow. I have heard many people complain of this as an issue but I have not experienced it. I have even had LHS helpers try and tell me that by using larger fuel line will ensure more fuel to the engine. Don't believe it!

Most of us will scribe an arrow in the direction we placed the filter on, this way, when you take it off for cleaning it goes back in in the same direction. The screen should be in the end closest to the engine so it collects particles as the fuel flows out of the filter.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:15 PM
SavageRCRacer
My Feedback: (2)

The fuel should fill up the "barrel" first. The screen is usually the last thing the fuel should hit. So the screen should be the closest part to the engine.

OOPS...sorry metro..we posted the same time.lol
Old 12-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Why can't they mark the damn things?