Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Can T-maxx or savage rims fit dirt Demon

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Can T-maxx or savage rims fit dirt Demon

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 01:03 PM
kenlhmaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can T-maxx or savage rims fit dirt Demon

Hi

Wonder can T-maxx or savage rims fits Dirt Demon, if can't , any suggestion for the mods

Thanks
Old 12-30-2003, 01:17 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Can T-maxx or savage rims fit dirt Demon

Nope, the maxx and savage, and the MGT all use 14mm hexes. The Dirt Demon uses a 19mm hex.

Matt
Old 12-30-2003, 07:25 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, YES!, sav/max type wheels (wide offset or stable max type) can easly fit the DD by changing the stock hexes. Here is the info from our club site.

14mm wheels
http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ic&topicID=872

17mm wheels
http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ic&topicID=839

Old 12-31-2003, 07:54 AM
popa71

I would have to question the durability of those wheels after drilling a larger hole. Im surprised Hot Bodies hasnt come out with a conversion kit!!!! Being as though they make so many wheels for the Maxx and Savage
Old 12-31-2003, 12:57 PM
The Boss

???, the problem is NOT the "hole", 6mm to 8mm is 2mm diffrence lol. The real issue is the 14mm hex size that comes on the sav/max type rims which is inferiour to other 8scale 17mm/19mm wheels. It's a known fact that many guys strip out the center of the 14mm hex sav/max wheels because they are not as strong as 17mm/19mm hex wheels.

If the sav/max wheel design can't handle a 2mm larger center hole then what kind of POS design is it LOL. And Why??? would you need a conversion kit???lol, is sliding on 14mm hexes and opening up the center holes 2mm larger to hard to do lol.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:58 PM
popa71

Well lets see!!! The average kid is not goinng to pull a drill out and risk messing up a new set of wheels. Everyone knows that the maxx set up is the most popular. And Hot bodies has a complete line of wheels designed for the Savage and Maxx. I have read at least a thousand post asking will those wheels fit on the Dirt Demon. It may surprise you Gator but there are guys that havent purchased the truck for that very reason.!!!! This is not a bash Gator, Please dont take that way!!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 04:09 PM
G1GY

ORIGINAL: popa71

Well lets see!!! The average kid is not goinng to pull a drill out and risk messing up a new set of wheels.
The only way to mess it up is to use the wrong drill bit! If someone can't handle doing this simple task, they probably can't tie their own shoes either! LOL
Old 12-31-2003, 04:21 PM
The Boss

OH come on popa! lol, if a guy/kid or what ever buys a R/C car and does not know how to use a elc or cord less drill HE or SHE is in the wrong hobby lol. How hard is it to drill a hole lol? The FACT is SAV or MAX wheels will fit on the DD and if someone does not know how to use a drill then the problably have no idea how to even take the wheel off lol. Sorry popa I see you coments as nothing but complants and or bashes against the DD, why?, because you had problems with yours (it happens with new products...get over it) and move on. Fact... I have put over a half gallon of 20% nitro through my kit without ANY of the problems you complain about. WHY?... because I went through my kit before I ran it. Another FACT is some kits are not as good for "NEWBIES"and/or"DUMDUMS" as others, it's just the way it is. I also am not bashing just pointing out some facts.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:34 PM
popa71

Everything someone says about the Dirt Demon offends you Gator. Sometimes you dont post for months then you see the word Dirt or Demon in a post and flip out. To this day that truck still has no support from its own company.LOL
Old 01-01-2004, 04:29 PM
The Boss

I posted info on mounting sav/max wheels, you were the one coming on here compaining.

So it's ok for you to rant/spew about something you don't like but it is not ok if some else says diffrent EH!

Why is it YOU are the only one on this forum saying this kit is crap?, when other people post help questions YOU post and do NOT help them...you just continualy *****, cry and complain about what a POS it is...GET A LIFE!

Read this
http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...c&topicID=1267
Old 01-05-2004, 10:48 AM
kenlhmaxx
My Feedback: (4)

chill out , guys

Don't flame please !!!

We are just having fun ! not a debating forum
Old 02-04-2004, 03:49 PM
xtremekanai3

let me start by saying hot boddies has neglected the dirt demon owners for to long they have made god only nos how many hop ups for the max/sav. crowd but i think other than the wheel issue they realy need to figure out ther diff. problems i bought my demon shortly after they arived at my local hobby shop at close to 500$ it should be close to indestructable,i tossed the stock "26" and put in a picco26 it hauls butt,except for blowing the diff gears [planetary/and satelite }to a million little slivers of so called metal.since late november i have shelved it now i beat the ever living crud out of my savage[i no traitor]simple economics and supply and demand no supply of extra diffs at 40$ a peice ,and the demand to have fun reliable fast high flyin trucks.in all my point is why support a company that doesnt support ther own product....thanks and good bashin!!!!!!!![8D]