Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Plan to upgrade t-maxx need some info

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Plan to upgrade t-maxx need some info

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Alteramod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plan to upgrade t-maxx need some info

These plans wont happen anytime soon but maybe within a year or so. Will the sirro .18 fit on the first gen max with out haveing to buy a conversion kit or would i have to buy the t-maxx 2.5 conver. kit to get the sirro .18 to fit. Aslo where is the cheapest place to buy one?
Old 01-02-2004, 01:44 AM
rcmtdriver2000

Default RE: Plan to upgrade t-maxx need some info

The telescoping shafts are going to twist and breah at the u-joint unless you upgrade to the 2.5 suspension.I had the .15 suspension with a 2.5 and they all shredded. The sirio has more power from what i've seen and the wear and tear on the drive train will really start to show over a little time. I just put a 2.5 suspension on and i'am really happy with it after asking myself why I didn't switch earlier. The throttle is going to have to be set up for slide carb as well. You'll also need a header and pipe for the sirio. I would get an epic.18 over a sirio if you're going the .18 route.
It's a powerful engine and it doesn't cost as much. That's just my .02 cents though. If you're dead set on getting the sirio go for it and good luck! Just keep an eye on the drivetrain.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Alteramod

sounds good ill have to look at the epic .18 I just won a first gen maxx that has the 2.5 wide suspension on it, my first one doesnt, i cant wait to see how it helps it not flip over as much
Old 01-02-2004, 08:41 AM
ExtremeRC

My maxx was a first gen then i uped the a-arms and turnbuckles but i am running the first version axles and they are fine with 2.5.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:03 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

I converted one of my Maxx's to the wide maxx setup and used the old Maxx axles as well. I am running a Ofna Force .25 and the axles are twisted but, still holding up after six months!LOL I bent steel cvd's on this truck then put the stockers in and so far so good.