Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage vs T maxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 11:21 AM
RC guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage vs T maxx

hey guys i want a Savage or a T maxx and i have been saving forever and i got the money but i cant decide which one. i want the one that is best for a beginer and can jump real well. as far as i can see they are both great trucks but i can only get one. Oh yeah just out of courosity what is the fastest [mph] you ever got Maxx/savage to go[>:]? thanks for ur help.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:36 AM
yamahamoto22

Default RE: Savage vs T maxx

hey rc guy...i just got my t-maxx for Christmas and its my first RC...so far i love it...hang out at your LHS and see what people are saying
Old 01-04-2004, 11:55 AM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

you can expect an onslaught of rightous opinions to that question I really like the tmaxx for the after market support my last few I have built totoally from scratch but I have not nor would I buy a new traxxas tmaxx just because of the upgrades I think they need.dont get me wrong the tmaxx is awesome and I have seen a few stock ones take a lot of abuse.but I bought them used and bought a new motor or built right from scratch.the savage is awesome to but for big air (which is where its at for me) it seems to be on the heavy side but Im talking like 30' and larger thats when I have seen the shocks bend and the tvp plates fold and thats somthing thats hard to get away from whereas a maxx you can build to take that abuse all day the toughest truck I have had is my stampede running an extended chassis it is so light it takes the huge jumps awesome but I am just refering to big air a guy that focuses on other type of terrain will have a different opinion
Old 01-04-2004, 12:36 PM
User_M87

I own a T-Maxx and my brother owns a Savage 25. The T-Maxx is faster but not as durable as the Savage. If you do not wish to spend time upgrading, then a Savage may be better for you. I like to upgrade things to my liking and that is one of the reasons I chose a T-Maxx. Something else to consider, the Savage is a 1/8 scale while the T-Maxx is 1/10. Good luck on your quest.

M87