Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

clodbuster questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:27 PM
braden.r productions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clodbuster questions

Does anybody have the same problem with breaking axles often, it seems as every really bad jump they break. Is there a problem with my truck? Please help
Old 01-06-2004, 03:03 AM
skyjacker_rc_club
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: clodbuster questions

you jump your clod are you freaking crazy? Is it stock or modded[X(]
Old 01-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Element

when i had my clod i never jumped it just used it for crawling and cruising.Never broke a axle at all.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:40 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

I jump my clod 3-4' at the most and I havent had a problem nothing like the 30' jumps my nitro does though
Old 01-06-2004, 05:39 PM
braden.r productions

HAve any of you ever seen a monster truck show?? Instead of jumping wrecked cars i use pop cans. It's lots of fun when you get a bunch of people involved. I broke 3 axles from a bad jump which wasn't very big. Than i broke another one by landing on the left front tire. I was just wondering if anybody else had broke them. So its just my driving i guess.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
kennebell50

How about you sell me your clod so I can use it for what it was meant for , and you go buy some Traxxas product since your into high speed and jumping.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Zeroc

i agree with newtaheli,clod useless except for rock crawling
Old 01-06-2004, 07:24 PM
diirtbag

I dont even know about youre driveing I beat mine hard .what have you done to it did you remove the braces that go to the steering knuckles or any other mod. that might have weakened it ........... I dont know what you mean by "do what it was meant for" have you ever seen those racing clods run they are crazy fast and tough the clod is "meant for" a lot more than crawling mine also pulls my kids on a sled in the winter they love it
Old 01-06-2004, 07:31 PM
kennebell50

Ya, highly modified Clodzillas is what your talking about. I believe the guy starting this thread was in regards to a bone stock, not a $1,000 race machine that resembles no form of what it use to be. And yes, traditional clods are a low speed crawler. Thats why they are 4WS and geared low as hell.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:05 PM
diirtbag

yea but those mighly moded clods are mostly useing stock gearbox set ups so whats the difference what u do to the rest of it .fact is they are tough. a stock clod has no problem jumping and pulling wheelies it was intended for what is capable of doing
Old 01-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Element

ORIGINAL: Zeroc

i agree with newtaheli,clod useless except for rock crawling
couldnt disagree more
Old 01-07-2004, 11:21 PM
braden.r productions

My clod is stock except for some new suspension and an esc. I don't jump it more than 5 inches of the ground. Why do you call it insane to jump them. I have broken more parts on it just from bashing in the snow. And im jumping onto aluminum pop cans, my clod just crunches them and keeps on going. All i wanted to know if it was my truck that was the problem, i guess if was my driving. And what exactly was a Clodbuster made for? Just bashing around like a real monster truck?? Because that is what they resemble. Think about it
Old 01-08-2004, 12:23 AM
diirtbag

yea people are goofy try and tell you what to do its made to do what it can do none of those people even tried to answer you just dump on you for doing whats resonable so I guess according to the clodbuster police its against the law to jump the clod so whatch out ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha thats a good one.........anyway what do you mean new suspension just shocks or did you reconfiguer the linkadge set up I still dont understand like I said I go out and jump mine the most damage I have done is come down from about head high nose first and bend my homemade linkadges 5" jump mine bounces 6" after landing from a jump its acyually a lot of fun to jump because its so rolly. to land a 4'jump and not tumble over takes a bit of skillfull handling I should mention that I have made a chassis and suspension system for mine that could improve its strength its hardly a $1000 clodzilla though try a $30 basement special
Old 01-08-2004, 07:14 PM
braden.r productions

LOL #30$ buck basement special lol i changed the shocks in mine to a shock absorber and a spring so it doesn't bounce when landing. ANd the clodbuster is a scaled down monster truck rite? and look what they do with the actual monster trucks, jump them and in the end the clod buster is stronger for the scale than the real trucks are so why am i crazy?? What is this truck made for than? ANd when i break mine as i have said before it's from bashing around, not jumping. And a clod is not useless except for rock crawling.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:27 PM
kennebell50

My point is that it seemed you would be BETTER SUITED WITH SOMETHING ELSE FOR YOUR DRIVING STYLE. Time has shown that the Clod is a proven rockcrawler and seems to be best suited in that area. YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO JUMP AND WHEELIE AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT DO, BUT OTHER TRUCKS WOULD HOLD UP BETTER FOR GENERAL BASHING. THAT IS WHY YOU ARE BREAKING PARTS. Why the hell must you insist on arguing a point. I am right and I know it. By the way I wish people would just direct something to me instead beating around the bush. I hate indirect smart asses, have the balls to say what you think. Atleast you would be standing for your beliefs whether right or wrong.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Element

Maybe he doesn't want another truck maybe he wants a clod.He asked a question about HIS CLOD,I don't think he wants to know about a different truck he wants to know what wrong with his truck.

You are probally right that there is a truck out there that is more suitable for him but that is not the subject the subject is"breaking axles"
Old 01-08-2004, 10:01 PM
diirtbag

newtoheli I am hardly being a smart ass that is the childish level you are obviously at its hard not to dive in and be as stupid .you are talking like you know everything its youre version. you say they have proven themselves at rock crawling yes as well as other things such as racing and bashing maybe other trucks are better but that wasent the question .ya know if you remember them first comeing out they were the sh** the truck to get to run youre buddys over and just go crazy with.someone has a question about thier durability and all you say is he is ridiculous well he isint he is looking for opinions on thier durability if you think they are useless for anything but crawling then you probably dont realize how durable they can be do you so if you need to post wy dont you just say you dont know anything about the subject .now what is youre point to just be discouraging and negative towards someone just asking a resonable question basically if all you think they are good for is crawling and this guy is ridiculous why dont you keep youre rightous as well as pointless and useless info to youre self because you arejust being discouraging ya know its people like you that would discourage others from asking basic questions I still remember what its like to be totoally ignorant about rc and this site helped me a lot I dont come on here to tell everyone my opinion and be right facts are facts fact is it is usefull for other things than crawling so dont pollute someones post trying to make youreself be "right" and if you think of something that even resembles a fact lets hear it
Old 01-08-2004, 10:59 PM
kennebell50

Ok, I agree I got off the subject abit. I would say the reason the axles are braking is due to much abuse for the grade of equipment being used. Where exactly are the braking at? Maybe try some homemade mods like small skidplates or upgrade to a clodzilla kit and do some extra bracing? Anyway good luck with solving your problem. Breaking parts always seems to get the best of someone. I remember when my reciever pack went dead in the middle of a run and my truck ran wide open into a wall and shattered. I felt like I just watched a puppy get ran over.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Unstable

one thing... are you on the gas or the brake when landing? you want to try to match the speed of the wheels to the ground when you touch down... if you are hard on the gas or the brake then when you land there is a BIG shock to the drivetrain. and since the clod has no slipper somthing must give.

when landing try haveing a little power on but not alot. no power is not too good as being electric it has no "freewheel".
Old 01-09-2004, 11:08 PM
braden.r productions

I think i no what the problem is. The part of the axles that keeps braking is the pins that turn the hub. I dont keep the wheels the same speed which puts presure on the axles and they brake. A slipper clutch is in need.