Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MT2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Element

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT2 problems

I'm having a few problems with my MT2.Is there any way to protect the body posts or make them more durable?I keep breaking them off a the screw point and at the actual pole.Not a big deal but it adds up over time.Also i keep breaking my antenna plastic thing(name slipped my mind) would the new era MT2 tube help?Or would it break as much as the normal tubes? So far I'm very pleased with my truck just want to fix these small problems.Thanks for any help.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:43 PM
auto2

Default RE: MT2 problems

gesh; I guess try to keep the wheels pointing down more often.
:-)
My solution was to make a full roll cage for mine and not run with a body unless I'm in a beauty contest ! LOL!

I should take my own advise but the BB i put in keeps wanting to turn it upside down...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur51981.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	88589  
Old 01-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Element

I cant help it i love jumping!The truck is qit durable i took a huge crash into the ground then kartwheeled fro about 6 ft and then hweelied for about 6 more ft. But i have a feeling it was just luck so im not using my launch ramp anymore

I dont have a welding kit anymore so I cant build a cage[] do you know where i could get one built for a good price?
Old 01-08-2004, 10:26 AM
mecky33

www.newera.com makes a nice roll cage for the MT2. If you dont have a welding kit you could make one from bendable brake line and solder. If the brake line is aluminum you could try to find some alumiloy (sp?). Then just use the alumiloy instead of solder. If you found some alumiloy you could use regular aluminum and the alumiloy to make a roll cage.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Element

i was looking at the roll cage form new era but it wouldnt help me becasue what i keep breaking is the body posts.Wont the bendable tubing jsut bend when I crash it?(newb question)
Old 01-08-2004, 07:29 PM
mecky33

There is a guy on here who made one and he says it stands up really well. And with the new era cage, its designed to run with no body thus no body mounts and posts to break. I have thought about doing that, just because I run my truck so much with no body on it. Your other option is to loosen the screws up a bit on the base of the posts and cut off the nub that holds the posts in place. Your posts will flex and twist out of the way when you roll, and when you put a body on it, they will hold the body in place pretty well. I have that set up on my truck right now because I haven't replaced the body mounts since I bought it. and with it being used when I bought it, the mounts where already broken in the way I described above. If you have questions about it I can try to take some pics or something.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Element

I have a starter box so i run my truck with a body most the time what i was thinking was a cage that was flush wiht the height of the body the only thing I see wornge with that is when i want to lower or higher the body posts[]I have my posts set like that so they can turn under pressure but the moun that connects them to the shocks tower s what keeps breaking.

I was out bashing earlier and broke another diff cup and lost the rear dog bone I didnt even see it till i tryed to crawl some rock and i was getting no power to the back wheels.Before then i was driving and the front wheel kept balloning(that was really cool by the way ) and my rear seemed to be bottomed out didnt think of it then.I feel so stupid[:'(]
Old 01-09-2004, 11:40 AM
mecky33

Aparently I am not driving my truck right. the only thing I have broken so far is a 47t spur gear. and that was because I was driving it on the ice and it went all crazy slipping around and the grabbed a little snow, then the clutch bell stud started coming loose and the clutch gears started hopping against the 47t. It was fun driving on the ice though. There have been a few diff cup ideas as far as what to replace. I have also been told that replacing the dogbones with CVDs has fixed the problem. Are you breaking both body mounts at the bulkhead or just one or the other? I have one screw out of my rear mount that I have never replaced, maybe that would help some. And my front posts are pretty loose so they can just fold over against the bulkhead or forward over the diff. I am not sure beyond that, what would work to correct it. Back to the cage though. even with a starter box you can run with no body. It doesn't look as cool, but it would prevent the body posts from breaking, and it would also cut down on the number of bodies you may break.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

I have the same problem w/ my body mounts. The only thing I can tell you is when you run w/o the body....take them off. That is what I resorted to.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Element

They break off at the mount that attaches to the shock tower the actual posts dont break.I like to run with my body on becasue it keeps all the grass out(the grass is dead due to winter so it breaks off real easy and gets into the chassis).I think the reason that the jumps are breaking so many parts is that i cant control it in the air(need to tune it because when i brake the engine shuts down).Thanks for you help