Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Well I picked up my new Savage 25 and my dog ate it.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Well I picked up my new Savage 25 and my dog ate it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Bupkus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I picked up my new Savage 25 and my dog ate it.

I made a few posts, but this is basically my intro. I have been into RC since 1989 when I used to race a RC10 gold chassis and later a RC10 Graphite around the Los Angeles area. Over the years I have mainly only raced electrics. A few years ago I bought a Nitro Rustler which gave me the taste for gas. Over the years I have owned a few T-Maxx's, and E-Maxx, RC10GT and a few HPI Gas TC's. Currently I own a Savage 25, AE RC10 B4, T-Maxx 2.5 and a Losi Mini-T.

Yesterday I picked up a new Savage 25 over my other choice of the MGT. My main reason for picking the Savage over the MGT was I liked the way it looked better, and the overall reviews. I also own a T-Maxx 2.5, but won't get into that.

Took it out of the box and went over it to make sure all was tight. I had the radio box cover sitting on my coffee table when I went to do a few things in the garage. Came back and the cover was gone. Damn dog took it and was using it as a chew toy. It's basically screwed. Luckily my lhs has one in stock so I'll get it after work. Before the dog ate it I wanted to see how really hard it was to close as I had heard from so many others. After cussing a bit, I figured it out. It's acctually very easy and might take me two minutes to change a battery pak.

Over all I really like the truck and think the build quality and parts quality is top notch. IMHO the Savage has the most unique frame/suspension on the market for a MT. Not the lets get a sheet of aluminium and attache everything to it. The MGT is a nice truck and I will probably buy one after they have been out a bit, but I wish it was more then an updated and bigger T-Maxx.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:35 PM
G1GY

Default RE: Well I picked up my new Savage 25 and my dog ate it.

ORIGINAL: Bupkus

It's acctually very easy and might take me two minutes to change a battery pak.

You'll be getting a hump pack to put in there after changing the batteries a few times.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Bupkus

Yeah...I was thinking of spliting off a Y connector from a hump pak and passing it through the cover so I can charge it without removing anything.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:22 PM
G1GY

That's what I do!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:43 AM
teamsquirreltail

G1GY, great minds think alike!