Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

My findings on the T-Maxx vs. Savage debate....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My findings on the T-Maxx vs. Savage debate....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:53 PM
foxkid04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My findings on the T-Maxx vs. Savage debate....

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Why does everyone keep going on about the T-maxx and Savage?
Becasue they are the best rucks on the market. I peronally want the Savage for a change of comapny, i have a traxxas rustler, and they are indestructable. Traxxas makes the strongest trucks there are, and great quailty, if you guys are worried aobut one or two parts breaking on your truck, then you shuld take up a differnt hobby, no truck is perfict, they all break but if u break it in properly and dont beat the outta it, it sohuldnt break very much, but sometimes jsut happens. Anyway i would say that Maxx all the way man, u cant beat it!!!![8D]

Edited by slodsm For Profanity, it cannot be posted even if its "edited" period!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Bush Wacker

Mecky33, You go on about everyone talking about T-maxxs and Savages, while you never stop talking about your MT2.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:21 AM
In2JeepN

Well I reckon I should throw in my 2 cents here I have a TMaxx 2.5, and let me start by correcting Unstable
maybe its because the t-maxx owners are still trying to get their 2.5s running right while the savages are out driving
My 2.5 engine was without a doubt the best running engine I have ever had...started every time in less than a second, and ran solid for 4 gallons before I upgraded with a .21 conversion and an XTM 24.7 (motor still has as much power as the first day) - but the time has come that I realize (too late mind you ) that I have dumped far too much $$$ into a truck that I can never drive for more than 10-15 minutes at a time before a very expensive trip to my LHS. Point being, while my 3 buddies with Savages are bashin the outta their trucks, me & my other buddy with Maxx's are busy fixin them in the middle of a parking lot/field/baseball diamond/pits at the track/etc. The Maxx is a great starter truck, and the Traxxas support is awesome (replaced a steering servo that failed after 2 months even tho they stated that ALL electronics were 30 day, and they replaced it with almost no questions asked).

Now, I am stuck myself on what to get next....Titan? Doesnt look too solid to me. XTM? REALLY doesnt look to solid to me. MGT? Looks pretty good, but I wish I could see one in person. Savage? Probly my best bet, but I wouldnt mind being a little different from my buddies too, y'know? At the same time, I don't wanna be sitting off to the side fixin the damn thing all the time again neither!

Ahhh well, maybe I should'a just stuck with my buggies - they never seemed to break!

Tom

Edited bu slodsm Profanity is not allowed, even if you "edit it.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:30 AM
rcweaver

I have no business posting but everyone is entitled to their view right. Anywhere after reading all the posts on this thread at the time i posted this. I am less sure of which one I want before I found this thread I was die hard T-Maxx now I not sure which one I want. I know it will be nitro 4wd and a monster truck but which one is anyone guess. Please feel free (which I know you all will anyway){ha ha ha} To give your recommendation as to which one a NEWBIE should for his first time out of the box. I want to spend between 300-500 for a rig but would like a deal on a good used one if anyone of one for sale. Didn't find one here to suit me yet. Thanks for the help.

The RCWEAVER
Old 03-12-2004, 08:02 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: kirk89

i have a maxx so forgive me if i sound biased

buy a maxx, you'll love the maxx
buy a savage, you'll love the savage
buy a MGT, you'll love the MGT
buy a mamoth, you'll love the mammoth
buy the cen, you'll love the cen

they are all great trucks that go fast, crash hard, break stuff, and are pretty durable, which one is better will never be decided because it depends on every drivers style
WOW, best reply I have seen to date on this beyond dead discussion. It's so true yet no one will admit to it.

Watch the profanity as well guys.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:05 AM
gemiller

Actually out of all of them I prefer the savage, which i do have one but have driven mgt and tmaxx the only reason i prefer savage is the mgt the two i driven had transmission trouble from factory. and the maxx broke in a way less crash than my savage went through but in my opinion its all in what you want to do. i think the savage is the strongest for beat the living out of but the tmaxx is a way better racer. the mgt is just too big for my taste and seen a lot of problems with them at the lhs.

Edited by slodsm Once again, profanity. Read the post stickied to the top of the page, realize it is a family forum, I do not care if you edit the vowels with *'s, it is still absolutely NOT allowed.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:30 AM
-Nightmare-

Default RE: RE: My findings on the T-Maxx vs. Savage debate....

For those who say that the Savage is durable and resistant... take a look at [link=http://www.downloadcenter.altervista.org/Varie/Salto mal riuscito.wmv]THIS VID[/link] (Right Click and Save As...)
Old 03-13-2004, 07:50 AM
fourwheeler

ORIGINAL: kirk89

i have a maxx so forgive me if i sound biased

buy a maxx, you'll love the maxx
buy a savage, you'll love the savage
buy a MGT, you'll love the MGT
buy a mamoth, you'll love the mammoth
buy the cen, you'll love the cen

they are all great trucks that go fast, crash hard, break stuff, and are pretty durable, which one is better will never be decided because it depends on every drivers style

I too found this to be a great respnce to a dreary subject. Good thinking Kirk!!

I also have the Monster GT and 2 Savage trucks but all I can say is I love them both. I tend to lean towards the Savage if there is something really insane I want to try but that is because the GT has the limited body and I don't want to trash it. I have a couple of bodies in mind for the GT so it won't be long and I can try out the insane stuff with it as well.

If you really want to try the MT scene just pick whatever you like and buy it. Be very careful during the break-in and then you can beat the snot out of it. I haven't seen anything to keep me from buying any truck that I wanted. So decide for yourself and go for it.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:57 AM
fourwheeler

Hey Nightmare....did you witness this crack-up of the Savage 25 yourself or just post a link to a video?? Because it looks as though in the hurry to reassemble the Savage for the video shoot (after having removed a few screws that hold the rear suspension to the TVP's ) someone put the tires on the rear on the opposite sides making the treads backwards?????
Old 03-13-2004, 10:05 AM
-Nightmare-

No no, it's not my car, it's only a link to a video that i found on internet. [>:]