Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Failsafe won't fit in my MGT. What to do?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Failsafe won't fit in my MGT. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 03:03 PM
GreekTTCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failsafe won't fit in my MGT. What to do?

At my LHS two days ago, I was checking out this failsafe, but the box that the reciever is in on the MGT is tiny, and it's tightly packed with just the factory stuff in it. There's no way the failsafe wiring will fit in there.

What should I do? I saw some tiny little failsafes recently online, but I fear that they might not fit either. Any mod advice on things I can do?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Failsafe won't fit in my MGT. What to do?

in order to monitor the failsafe - most on road racers including myself mount them on top of the rcvr box with double stick tape. By drilling a small hole in the side of the box you can run the wires through. Also, inserting a piece of fuel tubing over the wire where it goes through the hole will prevent dirt from entering the box, and eliminate the risk of the wire rubbing on the inside of the hole.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:40 PM
GreekTTCharlie

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

in order to monitor the failsafe - most on road racers including myself mount them on top of the rcvr box with double stick tape. By drilling a small hole in the side of the box you can run the wires through. Also, inserting a piece of fuel tubing over the wire where it goes through the hole will prevent dirt from entering the box, and eliminate the risk of the wire rubbing on the inside of the hole.
Yeah I figured the actual failsafe unit (little box) would be taped to the outside, but the wiring is gonna be a tight squeeze.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:45 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my reciever and fail safe inside of a balloon, used a couple of zip ties to seal it up around the wires, and zip tied it to the chassis in the same spot (without the reciever box). You don't really need to see the failsafe, and when it locks the brake (for whatever reason) I can still see the flashing colored light through the balloon.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I just put a Ofna Fail Safe Micro Unit in my MGT today and had no problem,if you still need help E-mail me and I will be glad to walk you through it with great detail and will try to help you out.Also no drilling and very little trouble at all it took me ten minutes to do.[sm=wink.gif]
Old 11-26-2005, 07:56 PM
think20
My Feedback: (4)

i know this post is old but Moe3754 what did you do to get that fail safe to fit in there? LMK [email protected]