Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MGT Review From Hobby Shop Owner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT Review From Hobby Shop Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 07:36 PM
macmamujo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT Review From Hobby Shop Owner

I would like to say that after driving all of todays nitro monster truck(tmaxx,savage 25,) the MGT is the Best one(IMO). The only weird thing is that they are not selling right now like the others. It could be cuz its new,or the higher price. it handles amazing and attacks rough terrain like no other. the savage may be faster , t maxx cheaper, but this truck is way overlooked. i was racing it in the snow today, never glitch or problen, never flipped or caught off balance. it is beyond normal what you can do to it without breaking a part. If you examine the parts, you just cant beleive what team associated has done here. It simply does not need any upgardes to perform well. It is the 1st monster truck to drive almost like a stadium truck. No tipping tendancies, handles the woops and rough track section like full trained olympic athlete. i rekon it would handle even better with prolines and slightly faster by going up 2 teeth on the spur gear. it is completly balanced on full throttle jumps , you simply will not break a part jumping this puppy. i guess they dont spenn as much on marketing as traxxas. too bad the rest of the world is missing out on the best thing that Rc world has offer in a long long time. cmon anyone in here feel the same way!!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:54 PM
macmamujo

Default RE: MGT Review From Hobby Shop Owner

FYI ....another interesting thing is that i went out with some buddies who have suzuki quads. i was literally taking the same jumps as them. they were all blown away.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:09 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

thats dope. what would you rate it out of five.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:27 PM
macmamujo

I would give it a 4.5 stars out of five. It would be a perfect 5 with pro-line wheels, and 2 teeth up on the spur gear.

here is some more juice...... This engine has got to be the selling point. After broken in and leaned out it is brutal off the line and mid range(right where you want it on MT). I recommend 1 full quart b4 romping on her.(even though TT makes the best engines on the planet) Anyone that has a freind with an MGT or either sees one in person ,should beg the owner to jump her at full speed. You gotta see a 30 high ft jump in person to understand what im talking about.
FULLY BALANCED AND THROTTLE CONTROLLABLE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Also because of the stiffness of the chasis the characteristics of handling never change and feels like a precise instrument in your hand after a few laps(with pro-line tires&wheels of course). I truly never had so much fun with rc and ive raced everything in my shop.!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 PM
macmamujo

Oh just one more upgrade . As we know you can never have to much brake, but im getting in the factory upgarded brake next week. will post results on perfermance when installed and beaten severely.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:37 PM
ThermalRD

I agree. The MGT is the best truck out there right now. Alot of people overlook what it really comes with, and just think it costs too much. I would like to see AE put out some different tread tires though. The maxx size tires just look retarded on most of the newer, LARGER trucks. I think its time proline make tires the mammoth, and MGT size. My dream tire would be a stock size MGT tire, with mulcher tread, or bow tie's. But honestly, the truck is awesome.

Matt
Old 01-15-2004, 08:53 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, so are you saying, do you feel the MGT is a better more controllable jump truck than other m/t designs out there?. I have been wondering about this on the MGT because of its transverse engine mounting system I thought it could help the truck be more controllable in air. I would like to pick A MGT up but I will wait untill the price comes down on it.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:57 PM
macmamujo

if i get enough interest ill offer a power buy on them. but i need commitments. ill post a secret link on my public website for the power buy. this way it will go thru a sercure server.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:39 PM
ThermalRD

At this time, im working on the suspension of this truck. For a track, its AWESOME!!! If you do any big jumps you'll soon find out that this truck likes to nose dive real bad. As soon as i can get this truck to take big jumps without the nasty nose dives, then i'll be all set. Its goin to my local track tomorrow. And outta do real well.

Matt
ORIGINAL: gator8

Hi, so are you saying, do you feel the MGT is a better more controllable jump truck than other m/t designs out there?. I have been wondering about this on the MGT because of its transverse engine mounting system I thought it could help the truck be more controllable in air. I would like to pick A MGT up but I will wait untill the price comes down on it.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Settle down there big fella. You sound like a used car dealer. Before you offer a "power buy", shouldn't you "talk to your manager"? I think that's the same pitch my LHS owner gives for everything they stock. I'm not saying it's a bad truck, but you're coming off a little strong, ease off the aftershave.