Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Starting question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 01:15 AM
sk8kdi33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting question

Iam tire of pulling the pull starter so much. what other options are there. I know a starter box but they seem so expensive just to start a car. iI have a thunder quake that has its pullstarter in an odd place where the header curves around it so it is between the header and engine. What can I do
Old 11-30-2003, 01:20 AM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

Default RE: Starting question

i have a t-maxx (traxxas ez start push button starting) he but if i had a pullstart and if i read what u said right it is hard to grab the pullstart. well maybe if u could disconnect the pullstart handle from the wire and take some old fuel line and slide it onto the cord and then re-attach the pull start handle it will poke up a big higher? i have no idea if u can even take it off but if u can or if u cant post another message maybe i can help u out
Old 11-30-2003, 01:30 AM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a pretty good idea mitch!

Unfortunately the thin fuel line we use isn't stout enough to hold the handle up (tried it myself once). The thick silicone rest tube on one of my old OS engines split on me a while back so I took the knot out of the cord holding the handle and placed about 3 inches of shrink tube on the line and tied the handle back on. It held the pull start up in the air nicely. I suppose if ya looked around you might find an ink pen body that you could cut down to do the same with?
Old 11-30-2003, 01:40 AM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

i believe motorcycle fuel line will work i have some myself off my dirtbike that i would of used if i had a pullstart but i dont so lucky me i guess anyways try these ideas and maybe one will work consider taking some very thick electrical tape around it, enough so it will not let the cord back into the pullstarter
Old 11-30-2003, 11:35 AM
nitromacguyver

the electrical tape is a good idea but to make that even better you could use some heat shrink on top of the e-tape. you can get it at radio shack. be careful when shrinking it though. it melts easily
Old 11-30-2003, 12:00 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Use a small piece of aluminum tubing,it'll help shield the string from the heat a little better and it'll also raise the handle up higher. You couls also zip tie the tubing to a tower so you can start the truck with the body on. I did this with my schumacher desert storm and it worked great!
Old 11-30-2003, 12:12 PM
sk8kdi33

I have fuel tubing there that works but I am trying to find out if I can use like a drill starter or one of those hand held hobbico ones
Old 11-30-2003, 01:20 PM
RacingRob

Maybe attack your problem from a diferent angle.
Lets try to make your truck easier to start.
Are all your carb settings good?
Is the carb primed?
Good glow plug/ igniter?
A trick that has always worked well for me is to warm the motor up with a hair dryer before the first start of the day.
Or if you're driving out to a bashing spot, put it on the floor of the car under the heat outlet, blowing on the motor.
I have a Savage 25 and the hair dryer deal has worked VERY well for me.
Worth a shot.
RR
Old 01-20-2004, 08:51 PM
crazyswede

I have seen some model car's with the drill start thing going. Does anybody know if there is a drill type starter I can use on a O.S. .12 cv-r? Any help is appreciated as always.