Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

Old 01-27-2004, 08:06 AM
SH ByA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

I'm not sure about the diff on the Savages, I do know that the SS kit comes with a bunch of the hop ups that you would normaly do to a truck, it has a tuned pipe and stiffer shocks and a few others that the RTR doesnt. The diff in the speed between the two trucks is because they have different gearing. I think the SS is geared a little lower than the .25. I'm not sure about this I might have them backwards.

as for the Genesis, I know when I talked to the Guys at CEN Customer support, they couldnt give me a date as to when this will come out. I also know that every time I ask them about price the price goes up. The last time I talked to them they said the Price will be about $500 to $550us. But we will have to see what realy happens.

Fearless, you might just try to get them both. I know that the Savage is a great truck, I've put mine through hell. I am not easy on it at all. and its always performed equal to or better than my friends other trucks. Now when it comes to speed the Mammoth has it hands down, but we'll have to see how the dreaded Mammoth does against the Genesis. I think the Genesis will take it, At least I hope so.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:32 AM
mecky33

Jefx, Thats cool. I was just wondering if you had happened to get a solid price from someone. I know there is a lot of speculation, and the 500-550 does seem reasonable for that much truck. However, I would think that 450 would be a better price for it due to price spacing between the MT2 and the Genesis. If you get to much space you will lose a lot of people that want to upgrade because the higher price is prohibitive or just to high. We will see in due time though. I can't wait to see on in person. I cant own one, but no one said I couldn't touch.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:20 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, $450 would definatly be cool, and I can see how you come up with that figure. No I don't have a solid price, but as soon as I get one I will post it immediately along with any other info I get.

SH Bya, although it would be cool to own both trucks, not everyone can shell out $1000+ just because they can't decide on one truck.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:50 PM
mecky33

Jefx, I may try to pry a price out of Cen. I am waiting for them to call me about my engine. And I do agree with you, most people cant afford to drop a grand just because they cant decide what truck to get.

Emily, I would recommend waiting to see what the price on the Genesis will be. If it is significantly cheaper than the Savage and Truckzilla kit, it would be worth waiting for. Plus if you get the Genesis, you will be then envy of all of use who can't get one.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
SH ByA

I got lucky this time, I no longer have a girlfriend and kids to spend my money on, so now I get to spend it on myself and my toys. its also a bad thing because i get to do what I want woth it. so I end up spending tons of cash on toys. but I prob will end up getting the Genesis. Just to have one to play with.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Billsky
My Feedback: (37)

I found a few NEW pictures of the GENESIS at the below link. Have a look.

http://cengenesis.com/forum/

click on CEN News.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:33 AM
jefx

Ya, it looks alot better with the correct engine, pipe, and roll bar.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
SH ByA

Default RE: RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

It does look pretty good. [8D] I'll be glad to find more info on it, as well as check out the specs whenever they release them. I hope its pretty soon. The good thing is that I'm stil locked in this frozen tundra and can't play with anything. So nothing is broken, and its hard for me to spend money on a new truck when I wont be able to play with it.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:14 PM
foxkid04

Not even a question!!! Savage can out match a cen any day! the new 2.5 can almost beat the T-Maxx(the best truck on the market). The Savage is a good quality truck and can perform everything and more then the cen. Might as well just buy a radio shack if ur thinking of buying a cen!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:18 PM
foxkid04

No question about it!! The savage dominates the cen. With the new 2.5 engine the Savage can almost out perform the T-Maxx(the best truck on the market).The savage has high speed and is durable, it is well worth your money! If u are thinking of buying a cen, you might as well as save your self a few bucks and get a radio shack, theres not much differnce!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:30 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*grabs a sledgehammer* maybe i can knock some sense into this CEN hating moron the MT2 can kick a tmaxxes ass any day both being box stock and the genesis will kick the savages ass if ur gonna make an idiot of urself say so be4 u bash a company thats busy changeing the MT market as we know it
Old 01-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Billsky
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Jefx, I may try to pry a price out of Cen. I am waiting for them to call me about my engine. And I do agree with you, most people cant afford to drop a grand just because they cant decide what truck to get.

Emily, I would recommend waiting to see what the price on the Genesis will be. If it is significantly cheaper than the Savage and Truckzilla kit, it would be worth waiting for. Plus if you get the Genesis, you will be then envy of all of use who can't get one.
Goto http://www.ehobbies.com/cengenesis.html they are going to sell it for $499.00. I will be getting one when they are released in
April.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:00 PM
mecky33

Yeah Bill, I saw that today while I was researching some other parts and what not.

Foxkid, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but Cen trucks are far and above radio shack. Have you run one at all? They are incredibly durable, and very fast. The Cen MT2 is about five miles an hour faster than a T-maxx on paper and at the track. And the new Genesis with its three speed and .46 custom designed street engine will be much faster than any available MT. Also, thanks for the double post, we really like to see the same thing twice.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:56 PM
nitromacguyver

ORIGINAL: foxkid04

Not even a question!!! Savage can out match a cen any day! the new 2.5 can almost beat the T-Maxx(the best truck on the market). The Savage is a good quality truck and can perform everything and more then the cen. Might as well just buy a radio shack if ur thinking of buying a cen!
dont go dissing the MT2 just cause you have never had a chance to be crushed in a race by it.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:59 PM

yeah just because u havent gotten ur ass kicked at the track by a MT2 dont mean the truck sucks i resent the fact u hate CEN because i think they are on par with hpi and above traxxas on a basis of I OWN ONE and aint all caps annoying
Old 01-30-2004, 01:23 PM
azrctruck

All I can say is that the savage is a proven design very reliable very durable easy parts to get and many hopups. The cen we will have to see. Most rc cars and trucks when they are first introduce have bugs. for example I just purchased a mgt and AE still working on minors bugs. I wish I would have waited on the MGT. If you want to deal with early production bugs go with the cen.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Pagemaster

Our street price on the Genesis will be $499.99 Cen will also have two styles of bodies available when it comes out a Hummer looking body and Ford 150 looking body. The release date has been pushed to April. I have been assured from Cen that this truck will be well worth the wait. Cen is basing their reputation on all the hype surrounding this truck! I don't think they will release a loser!

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Old 01-31-2004, 11:02 AM
DaSHiKi

the thing that scares me the most with the genisis is how tough it can be with the 4 wheel steering it just doesnt seem neccesary to me and more moving parts means more breaking parts
Old 01-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Pagemaster

We were told this may be a quick swap to lock the rear wheels in the straight position.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Old 01-31-2004, 05:56 PM
jefx

The truck is big. 4WS will help it to manuever like a smaller truck.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:07 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

ORIGINAL: foxkid04

No question about it!! The savage dominates the cen. With the new 2.5 engine the Savage can almost out perform the T-Maxx(the best truck on the market).The savage has high speed and is durable, it is well worth your money! If u are thinking of buying a cen, you might as well as save your self a few bucks and get a radio shack, theres not much differnce!
I am REALLY getting mad at this guy!![>:] the cen mt2 will kick a t-maxxes ass anyday. it goes alot faster and is much better overall. AND come on you ignorant ******* I know there is no proof to say this but THE genesis looks like it's going to be an un beatable mt for a long time. it has a huge engine that probably put out twice the power of a .25 savage engine and it has a three speed. wild hobbies already has an add saying it goes 55mph+ NOW come on do you actually think a **** maxx or a savage can compare to that? ALSO stop saying that cen is a bad brand cen has GREAT quality just like hpi, associated, ofna, just not as well known. LAST OF ALL STOP HATING ON CEN YOU ANNOYING FAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]
Old 01-31-2004, 06:26 PM

he is pissin me off too
Old 01-31-2004, 10:17 PM
mecky33

T and 378, its not worth getting pissed over. I have an MT2 and it will give my friends Ofna 1/8th scale on road car a run for its money. If I do the ATX or rally conversion and put my 14/18 tooth clutch bell on it I am pretty much guarantied to keep up with him if not smoke him. So, just know your truck is faster and let him live his dream. I learned quite a while ago that some people will never learn.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:48 AM

thats weird a lifted MT2 hangin with an 1/8 onroad did u stuff a bigblock in or are u still runnin the NT-16
Old 02-01-2004, 12:49 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

I want a genisis now[&o]. Can see it now.

Adjustable 3 speed.
.46 size engine
4wd
huge size
4 shoe brake system.

When I get it I'm going to run over my friends t-maxx[:@](only because he ran over my rs4) nevermind I'm not, because if I have to pay for damages I'm going to have to sell my genisis for a lighter and some fire wood.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.