STREETKING

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OFNA SPUR GEARS SUCK!!!

I was just getting into the break in process with my new ofna mp sport. Now don't get me wrong, I can actually vouch for this truck, IT IS TIGHT!!(a real good truck). The hyper 21 starts good, holds a tune well, and is pretty powerful, but the problem IS, the darn cheap plastic spur gear that comes with the truck!! I mean, I was beginning to really get on thepipe and the truck was showing me what it can do, when it happened......I rode up a curve and hit a stop sign. But wait....not the kinda hit you expect(like crazy or nothing), see, this is my first nitro, so I was being very gentle. I just tapped the sign, and my rig just began to idle. I gave a few blips of the throttle and nothing. So, many people(and I wanna thank you), had spoken of this little "spur problem" that I might encounter, so I was ready for it. And lo and behold, when I got to the truck and lifted the body, the spur gear had stripped!! It amazed me because I had barely touched the pole!! Other than that, this truck is a beast!! It's really easy for a newbie(so far), and I took off the spur gear myself. There is nothing major on the truck to worry about. The tires, and people told me this, are wayyyy too big for the truck's design. I have to change to t-maxx sized tires and wheels. Other than that though, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get a powerful truck on a entry level price. So, if anyone knows where to get some cheap steel spur gears for ofna trucks, lemme know. Oh, and can a Savage 25 engine fit into that truck?? I want the convience of rotostart. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:54 AM
bigjdubb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OFNA SPUR GEARS SUCK!!!

The Savage engine will fit it, I would get the Picco .26 though. You can still use the roto start on the picco and it has a good bit more power. Ofna should make a steel spur for your truck.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:20 PM
STREETKING

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

so the picco 26 is stronger than the savage 25? which one costs less??
Old 01-23-2004, 04:32 PM
bigjdubb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im not sure how much the Savage engine is but the Picco is about $160. The picco is much more powerful than the Savage 25 engine.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:25 PM
ShOzz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

there is no comparison in the 2. the picco makes the savage an insane fast truck, will keep up and outdo some if not most 1/8 scale buggies.

skip the 25 it take 3 minutes to warm up for proper power anyway.