Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

*AHEM* So as I was saying about my new MGT...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

*AHEM* So as I was saying about my new MGT...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 05:06 PM
GreekTTCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *AHEM* So as I was saying about my new MGT...

It's awesome. FOR ME. That's called an OPINION. You've got one, I've got one, I believe mine, you believe yours. (Just a little public service announcement for the seemingly countless number of members who can't seem to grasp the concept.)

Now. As far as my Monster GT goes. I don't intend to race it. Therefore...it is very fast for what I will be using it for (Example: powering over rocks, through mud, over logs and leaves, etc... HARDLY something that I need a truck to go 45 mph for. Trust me, the MGT is fast enough for all that. When I decide to race an RC, I'll either supercharge the stock engine, or buy a .26 of some sort, and maybe even supercharge that, and upgrade the suspension. That, or just buy a sick 4WD 1/8 buggy.

Anyway. Took the MGT out in the snow earlier w/my brother and his Savage 25. Wow! It was so much fun... The snow is perfect for this... dry, not wet snow, so it kicks up a crazy roostertail, and the top of the snow is nice and frozen in a lot of parts, so the truck flies around easily, and doesn't sink in it (unless of course, you want it to). Fun stuff.

You'd be surprised how deep I was going in the snow, and pulling out of it like it was nothing.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:58 PM
sovietspyguy

Default RE: *AHEM* So as I was saying about my new MGT...

Glad you're enjoying your MGT, I got mine last week and already went through a gallon. It kicks ass. All I've broken are the bumpers (cracks all over them) but everything else seems perfect. The torque steer is annoying but there's no escaping that.

Also, I don't think you can supercharge a 2-stroke. I'm not sure on all the physics of it, but I have a fairly decent understanding, not decent enough to explain well though. But let it be known that I have seen this topic debated very often.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:59 AM
FoxRacing500r-delete
Banned

Nice truck,I will smoke you with my mini t though.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:52 AM
RcRock-Guru

I dont know if you can get a supercharge for that motor but i know a company that makes them for other motors. They even have an add in RC Car Action. So it is possible.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:53 AM
auto2

can't superchagre a 2 stroke? Hummm. then what is a detroit deisal ? It is a 2 stroke with 4 valves exh and a 6/71 blower on the side.
Yes you can supercharge a 2 stroke IF the engine is designed from scratch for it.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: auto2

can't superchagre a 2 stroke? Hummm. then what is a detroit deisal ? It is a 2 stroke with 4 valves exh and a 6/71 blower on the side.
Yes you can supercharge a 2 stroke IF the engine is designed from scratch for it.

Which an RC engine is not.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:06 AM
mrjason82

RBinnovations.com does make superchargers, however I have heard that they don't do a whole lot for performance but I've never tried one myself.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:37 AM
sovietspyguy

2-stroke RC engines don't have valves. Find me one that does and I will take back my statement.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:10 PM
auto2

you can supercharge a 2 stroke IF the engine is designed from scratch for it

that IF is the key word. I agree that a stock nitro engine won't make any difference with a blower.never seen any dyno charts ( wonder why)

BUT if you build one from scratch I bet it will make a huge difference.which non of us can/ will do. Therefore buy a pico .26 for 175 and have fun.....
Old 01-25-2004, 12:33 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

GreekTTCharlie.....Thanks for the "review" of your MGT.

It sounds like an awesome truck for sure. Maybe after you drive it for awhile you'll return here and offer more about it?

I sure like the looks of it....have not seen one in person yet....just ads online and videos.....but would enjoy seeing one run for real.

Ya gotta love the choices we have these days for MT's!!!

Thanks again!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:47 PM
GreekTTCharlie

As far as the supercharger goes... if one is not available for my stock engine, I'll just get an engine that can handle one. I saw a bunch of nitro engine superchargers in my LHS (the only ones in stock were for TMaxxes. The store owner said they make them for many different engines.

We'll see... for now my MGT is fast enough, I'm not racing it.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:27 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

http://www.rbinnovations.com/newsite...s/RBK10533.htm

(super charger, but is for savage, they have alot more but I just chose this one.)
Old 01-25-2004, 03:41 PM
nitromacguyver

about those super chargers , they will make your engines go like no tommorow and produce insane power but it will reduce your engine life to little more than a 1/2 hour at the most.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:01 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: nitromacguyver

about those super chargers , they will make your engines go like no tommorow and produce insane power but it will reduce your engine life to little more than a 1/2 hour at the most.

Have you seen one drive?? Because I'm thinking about getting one.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:36 PM
sovietspyguy

ORIGINAL: nitromacguyver

Huh? I thought I heard everyone saying that they produce little to no gain on a 2-stroke RC engine. I also don't remember hearing the insane half-hour engine life figure. Are you right or is everyone else wrong?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:52 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem that I see is maintaining a tune. A supercharger force feeds air into the engine, creating more power. It runs off of a pully and a belt that is attached to the flywheel. The faster the engine rpm, the more air is forced into the engine. The air intake becomes directly proportional to speed, while the fuel intake does not. This would not be a problem for fuel injection, but an R/C carb is regulated by the hsn. The faster it would go, the leaner the mixture, and burn up your engine. You could try to tune for high speed supercharged runs, to keep it rich enough, but it would be so rich at low speeds that it wouldn't run. Superchargers are for fuel injected engines.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:26 PM
ShOzz

saw one the other day at the track with the sirio 27 in it, it smoked everything at the track, thing seemed to handle like a dream, and this coming from a guy who loves his savage and truggys.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: jefx

The only problem that I see is maintaining a tune. A supercharger force feeds air into the engine, creating more power. It runs off of a pully and a belt that is attached to the flywheel. The faster the engine rpm, the more air is forced into the engine. The air intake becomes directly proportional to speed, while the fuel intake does not. This would not be a problem for fuel injection, but an R/C carb is regulated by the hsn. The faster it would go, the leaner the mixture, and burn up your engine. You could try to tune for high speed supercharged runs, to keep it rich enough, but it would be so rich at low speeds that it wouldn't run. Superchargers are for fuel injected engines.
You are so right, amen!

All I see in the end though is a total waste of $$$. No one can justify a supercharger for anything more then shock value.

And sure, you get a 30% supposed increase in power, but you are increasing the drag on the crankshaft by 30% creating power loss, so it is kind of a wash in my book.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:59 PM
sovietspyguy

Explain to me how a supercharger can work in a 2-stroke? If the air pressure is increased, wouldn't the increase in air pressure cause most of the added air to rush out of the exhaust ports when the intake/exhaust ports are open simultaneously? I remember a debate about this, and I'm fairly positive that unless you somehow make a 2-stroke RC engine with valves...It just couldn't work well, if at all.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Nitroaddict

Please try to keep this thread on topic. Thank you. If you wish to debate superchargers, Start another thread, or better yet, review and discuss it among one of the hundereds already started.