Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What Truck To Get?

Old 01-26-2004, 12:34 PM
aerotow1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Truck To Get?

I would like to get a Monster Truck and I want it to be a Glow Engine. I have about 20 years with planes and Helicopters so I have alot of experience with glow engines and RC set up. I just don't know what truck to get I would like to hear your oppinions and why you have these oppinions. I don't really have a price range, but I always like to have the best quality I can get or at least close to it. I don't want any junk, and I am open to ANY 4wd truck single or twin. So just give me your thoughts on what to get for a big old 4wd.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-26-2004, 01:29 PM
mecky33

Default RE: What Truck To Get?

Dan, check out Cen. Since price is not an object, you could preorder a Genesis. If you want something smaller, or don't want to wait the Cen MT2 is a great truck. Cen has great quality rigs and top notch customer service and support. The MT2 is a .16 CI nito with four wheel drive and a two speed tranny. It is capable of 45+ properly tuned out of the box. The Genesis, is still in final design and production, so numbers are kinda scetchy. But, its got a .46 CI custom designed engine built for ground use (not a modified plane engine). its also got four wheel drive, four wheel steering, and a three speed tranny. If you want more info go to www.cenracing.com or let me know. Waihiwa2 can also help you out.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:04 PM
aerotow1

I wanted to add one more thing. I would prefer to get a kit and do the build up myself. I just don't trust someone else to do the asymbly. I also want to provide my own radio and servos.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-26-2004, 02:13 PM
mecky33

Well That outs the Cen trucks, even though they are very well built.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Not a lot of kits out there these days... I mean you could always buy an RTR, completely break
it down and reassemble it like I did. The RTR's come with assembly instructions.

The only real 'kit' form unassembled popular MT is the Savage SS, which I would recommend. I have
a Savage and would buy one again, sure.

If I had the $$$ to buy a new truck, it would be a toss up between the Assoc MGT or the XTM Mammoth. They
are RTR's, but again, you could just break em down out of the box and rebuild em.