i prefer truckzilla and the gensis looks to crapy and plastic
and y would u want the color brown and red. the gensis is a cheap copy of
the savage with the TVP
Truckzilla all the way
Old 01-25-2004, 05:21 PM
auto2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truckzilla Vs Gensis

no comment until the genessis is available for me to touchey feely buy.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:22 PM
popa71

Cant really say, genesis isnt out yet . The truckzilla has been out and I have seen some people write about having it. But I havent seen anyone tell how good it is. From my experience with Hot bodies parts, Its a piece of crap!!! I would not destroy a perfectly good Savage with that. Just slap a .26 in a stock Savage. You will be hapier
Old 01-25-2004, 05:24 PM
mecky33

You do realize that you are comparing a conversion kit to an unreleased truck right? All of the "plastic" on the Genesis is really composite material. Composites are as strong as steel, yet more easily manufactured and can be designed to be much stronger than standard steel components. I run the Cen Fun Factor MT2 and it as composit A arms on it. I hit a stump sideways at twenty+ MPH and didn't break a thing. Try that with aluminum and you will have cracked parts. Try it with steel, you will have bent A arms and possibly other broken parts. But, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I would personally rather have the Cen. I know the quality and support are some of the best in the industry.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

the truckzilla is the gennis haha
Old 01-25-2004, 09:57 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: mecky33

You do realize that you are comparing a conversion kit to an unreleased truck right? All of the "plastic" on the Genesis is really composite material. Composites are as strong as steel, yet more easily manufactured and can be designed to be much stronger than standard steel components. I run the Cen Fun Factor MT2 and it as composit A arms on it. I hit a stump sideways at twenty+ MPH and didn't break a thing. Try that with aluminum and you will have cracked parts. Try it with steel, you will have bent A arms and possibly other broken parts. But, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I would personally rather have the Cen. I know the quality and support are some of the best in the industry.
Man, you are more biased to CEN Then I am was for Tamiya lol!! Anyways, there is a reason they dont make steel a-arms ;p and as for aluminum bending at that speed? LoL No way, its all in the angle you hit something, even the most obscure difference can equal a broken a-arm to a snapped bulkhead. Quality being best in the industry, highly doubtful, but support ill give ya
Old 01-25-2004, 10:15 PM
ThermalRD

There is no comparison. In fact, theres REALLY NO comparison. LOL. The genesis isnt out yet, so we do not have final specs, or a hands on experience. The only opinion you will get is a biased opinion. That of a CEN owner, or an HPI owner. Mecky, im just curious. Have you owned any other nitro RC's besides the MT2?

Matt
Old 01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
mecky33

Ok, notice I said I didn' break anything. But, I did bend one of my integy shock shafts. And that would have required some significant bend in the set of A arms that took the full force of the hit. i also did not say they had the best quality in the industry, I said they where among the best. And can you prove it wrong. How many hundreds of posts are there about other brands of trucks breaking this or that. I think the two most common failures of the Cen trucks are diff cups and spur gears. beyond that, nothing breaks very often. And I wouldn't say I am biased toward Cen. I like their company, I like their products and they don't get enough support from the RC community. So I am just helping out. I like to go with underdog companies because they can give you what no other companies will. Low price with good quality and service to back it all up. I am sure there are other companies that provide that, but I haven't seen or heard of them at this time. Run a Cen truck for a month and tell me what you think, I would be willing to bet you won't take it back.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:28 PM
ThermalRD

Run a Cen truck for a month and tell me what you think, I would be willing to bet you won't take it back.
Damn right i wont take it back. Simply because no hobby shop has a return policy like that. lol. Im just messin with ya man. I dont mind that you like the under dog at all. But one of your statements was that you always read about other cars breaking, and hardly ever the CEN. You should also remember that CEN hasnt sold anywhere near the amount of those Fun Factor trucks as Traxxas has the maxx, or HPI with the savage. I think wildhobbies has some pretty well pimped out MT2's. You still never answered my question. Have you owned any other Nitro RC's besides the MT2?

Matt
Old 01-25-2004, 10:37 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Run a Cen truck for a month and tell me what you think, I would be willing to bet you won't take it back.
Damn right i wont take it back. Simply because no hobby shop has a return policy like that. lol. Im just messin with ya man. I dont mind that you like the under dog at all. But one of your statements was that you always read about other cars breaking, and hardly ever the CEN. You should also remember that CEN hasnt sold anywhere near the amount of those Fun Factor trucks as Traxxas has the maxx, or HPI with the savage. I think wildhobbies has some pretty well pimped out MT2's. You still never answered my question. Have you owned any other Nitro RC's besides the MT2?

Matt
thermal said it so i didnt have to :O
Old 01-25-2004, 11:00 PM
mecky33

No, I haven't owned any other nitro RC's. I could never afford them. I spent a month doing research before I bought my truck. And I came out of it really liking what Cen had to offer. I spent a lot of time here and on other forums reading about all of the problems on the traxxas and HPI trucks and decided that I would try something different. I also decided that for the money I could afford to break a lot of stuff on the Cen before I got to the price of a T-maxx or savage. I am not new to RC though, I had two RC-10 buggies about eight years ago. I sold them about three years ago because I got tired of how much parts cost for them and the fact that batteries did not last long enough. I would like to try other Nitro trucks, but my wife has kind of put a lid on that dream.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:41 PM
caseyddr

1. wife cant stop you from ahving fun

2. Good choice not getting a tmaxx

3. What on the savage did you keep hearing broke, other than the hex's stripping on the old model?

4. Its not that your truck isn't good, its jus its so small :-/
Old 01-26-2004, 10:17 AM
mecky33

The wife can stop me from having fun, wives can make ones life very miserable when you don't listen. Also I decided against the Savage based more on price than parts. I just couldn't choke up that kind of money. And my truck may be small, but its a hell of a lot more fun that my buggies ever where. and the small size is kind of a bonus when I take it traveling with me.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
caseyddr

when you say buggies, you mean electric i take it? Saying as this is your first nitro I think you should get an 8th scale buggy sometime and see what they are all about, if the wife lets ya glad you enjoy your truck though! I Have yet to see anything negative about your lil truck.