beeftip

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Torque steer on Monster GT

One more question. What is this torque steer issue that keeps coming up in regard to the Monster GT and why is it "annoying"?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:42 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Torque steer on Monster GT

What forum did you hear about this problem on? I've never once heard of any torque steer problem. Of all the truck i've ever owned, none has had a steering setup as nice as the MGT. There is literally NO slop, or play in the wheels at all. My MGT pulls a really straight line on the throttle at the track, or out playing in the yard.

Matt
ORIGINAL: beeftip

One more question. What is this torque steer issue that keeps coming up in regard to the Monster GT and why is it "annoying"?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:56 PM
beeftip

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/%2AAHEM%2A_So_as_I_was_saying_about_my_new_MGT%25% 25%25/m_1462723/tm.htm[/link]

Second post down.

Thanks for answering my question though. I wasn't sure if torque steer was referring to something that the steering servo was doing or what. Now I know that it's from engine torque pulling the wheels. Duh. Sorry.

If your GT takes off in a nice straight line, then I wonder what the problem is on other people's trucks?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:23 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your GT takes off in a nice straight line, then I wonder what the problem is on other people's trucks?
Well, im on the monstergt.com site, and monster****rum.com, that is honestly the first i've heard it. Torque steer can be caused by a few things. For starters, if the servo saver isnt strong enough, then you might notice some torque steer in the front end. Also, if you dont have your pillow ball cushions set right, that extra slop will cause this too. Basically, any amount of play, or sloppiness in linkage, or servo saver can cause this. I havent seen it alot, not even on maxx trucks with huge motors and sloppy steering. I wonder if this person is getting alot of rear end movement on take off. If thats the case, then i would guess the owner changed the rear toe settings. If you dont have that rear toe setting right, your backend will be all over the place. You'll get better steering response, but you'll lose your straight line control.

Matt
Old 01-26-2004, 04:52 PM
sovietspyguy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hmm...i do notice that quite a bit on mine. I haven't touched the linkages or changed the servo saver so perhaps that's why. But yes I do notice it. If you're lazy you can just dial your steering trim in to compensate but then that makes it odd when coasting or going slowly. Again I haven't tried to fix it but I have noticed it.