Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

servos?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:35 AM
racer man05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos?!?!

can i only use traxxas servos with the traxxas receiver, or can i use something like airtronics with it???
Old 01-25-2004, 02:24 AM
mecky33

Default RE: servos?!?!

You can use any servo with any reciever as long as the jack fits the reciever plug.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:37 AM
RcRock-Guru

any servo fill fit the traxxas reciever. Especially since it is set up for futaba plugs which are the ones with the fin on the side. So any other companies will fit perfectly.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:49 AM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: RcRock-Guru

any servo fill fit the traxxas reciever. Especially since it is set up for futaba plugs which are the ones with the fin on the side. So any other companies will fit perfectly.
Please note that the traxxas radio have futaba plugs which is slightly different from the others.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:54 AM
RcRock-Guru

all other servo plugs will fit, they are different in the way that they dont have the fin on one side. All you have to do is plug them in in the correct way since the fin isnt there as a guide anymore.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:14 PM
sovietspyguy

Really any plugs will fit into any receiver. Far as I've seen anyway. I have an airtronics receiver but a futaba servo with the tab. So you can either order a replacement cable (i did only because I broke one of the connectors accidently) or just take a dremel and sand them down on the sides a bit. Some plugs only require you to cut off the tab. Others you need to do a bit of filing and get those rounded edges. Takes less than a minute to do one so it isn't hard. It's how I have all my stuff.