RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new Cen MT2 troubles

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Cen MT2 troubles

Hi guys, new to the car thing, I just have a couple of questions about my new CEN MT2:

I found it on EBAY new for $400 so I snapped it up. It seemed like a killer deal, it had radio and everything.

1. I'm an airplane guy, so I have some 0% nitro FAI fuel that I'm running. It doesn't run very well. Boggs down alot, and the idle is really bad. I know how to tune a glow engine, but this thing is giving me FITS!!!

2. It was supposed to be new, but when I got it it was kinda dirty, like the guy test drove it. I don't really care about that, but what kinda irritated me was that the steering servo was missing. I have a HiTec 5925 lying around my shop. Do you think that will be enough?

That's it for now,
Thanks,
Old 01-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: new Cen MT2 troubles

First, let me commend you on the worst deal made I have ever seen. You know those dessicant packs that come in vitamin bottles? You aren't supposed to eat those.

Seriously, I can't even believe you got such a bad deal. I imagine you looking something like a mix of that recent mugshot picture they took of James Brown and Liza Minelli. Wow...

I am still reeling here... Don't know where to start. You know that kid that bought the dead parakeet on Dumb and Dumber? Just thought he was real quiet? That is about where this decision landed you- you're the kid who bought the dead parakeet.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Frankenthumb

I don't think you understand, Mr. Dribble. It came with a radio and everything. The antenna was a little bent, but that shouldn't affect anything.

Would you care to enlighten me on where you in your infinate wisdom think I went wrong?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
petrolpixie

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

removed by moderator
if ur gonna make comments like that on this forum then we dont want you here.
the guy asks for help and you beat him down
Frankenthumb, i reckommend you use at least 15% fuel thru this engine or you are gonna miss out on all the fun it has to offer.
as for the servo.... sorry i cant help you with that one.
any other questions that you may have feel free to ask away and i will answer what i can and anything else im sure mecky will be able to help you with lol
Old 01-29-2004, 08:52 PM
PCDEC

Well Dale Gribble may have been blunt and rude and he certainly didn't explain himself but I do agree with his post mostly.

I got a used CEN MT2 off ebay for $200 and all I needed was batteries and nitro and away I went. Still runs awesome.

New they go for $250-350 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=19168

nuff said?

Oh and don't use airplane fuel. It works but r/c car fuel is better.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

sweet
Old 01-29-2004, 09:05 PM
mrhappyman

Hey Frank, I don't think he should have beat you down like that but that WAS a terrible deal. You can a brand new one with everything for like 300 bucks. EVEN THE RADIO and it COMES with a servo!

Looks like you have it now...have fun.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Frankenthumb

I've been beaten down by better people than THAT clown.

When I said that it came with a radio, what I meant was that it came with a transmitter AND a reciever. A complete radio system. I had to buy a crystal for the reciever, but that's OK.

Anybody know where I can get a new battery cover for a HiTec radio?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:46 PM
matt067
Banned

dude do you know RTR means? you got ripped off so badly, you couldve got a brand new cen mt2 for like 280 and it comes with a radio AND RECIVER [sm=eek.gif] steering servo too. I almost bought a cen mts off ebay for 280 but i found a tmaxx for 250, next time when your gonna buy a nitro car check with the forum and theyll tell you whats a good deal and what isnt
Old 01-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Frankenthumb

You guys are missing it. I didn't get ripped off. This was BRAND NEW CEN MT2. Do you know what BRAND NEW means? It was in the original box and everything.

The guy even test drove it for me, which explains why it was dirty. I don't mind paying a little extra for good customer service like that. I just wish I could have found him again, because it was kinda a pain to find out what kind of engine I had to get to put in it.

I come here to ask a simple question about getting it to run right and this Grabble character runs me down. What a jerk. Before you guys go around busting a guys chops about something, maybe you should do a little research first. You know: get some facts.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:51 PM
PCDEC

one word

troll

Old 01-29-2004, 11:00 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

A guy with 8 posts calling someone with 448 posts a troll? Have you seen some of Frank's other posts? When he's taking his medication, he's actually very smart.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:04 PM
mecky33

Frankenthumb, That servo will work, its a 102 oz servo. the stock servo is a 40 oz. Also, as far as your transmitter, is it the stock mirage III or is it a hitec? I know you where asking where to get a battery cover for the hitec. I would say to talk to hitec about a cover. And I know that you got a brand new truck, but if it came with the mirage III then you did get ripped off. The MT2 is 300 brand new from www.ehobbies.com or www.toyhaus.com. Also, run 15 to 20 percent nitro in the truck with 18 percent oil. wildcat fuel is a good company to go with, their fuel is sold under eliminator, trinity, HPI and Cox. Also you said you needed to find the guy to find out what engine you needed to put in it. is there an engine in it right now? Oh and by the way, I am one of the resident MT2 experts, so if you need help PM me or email me. And I do appologize for all of the rude replies. Best of luck and let me know if you have more questions.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:27 PM
PCDEC

ORIGINAL: Frankenthumb

I don't mind paying a little extra for good customer service like that. I just wish I could have found him again, because it was kinda a pain to find out what kind of engine I had to get to put in it.
If he's not joking then I dunno what. How badly could I misunderstand him?
Old 01-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Dale Gribble

You guys are missing it. I didn't get ripped off. This was BRAND NEW CEN MT2. Do you know what BRAND NEW means? It was in the original box and everything.

The guy even test drove it for me, which explains why it was dirty. I don't mind paying a little extra for good customer service like that. I just wish I could have found him again, because it was kinda a pain to find out what kind of engine I had to get to put in it.

I come here to ask a simple question about getting it to run right and this Grabble character runs me down. What a jerk. Before you guys go around busting a guys chops about something, maybe you should do a little research first. You know: get some facts.
Hey, you got ripped off. You are like a young boy in Michael Jackson's home here. Sure, it seemed like a good deal up front, but the next morning you feel a hangover and your butt is sore.

Don't go callin folks clowns here. You are a foam nose and some makeup from being Krusty's replacement on the Simpsons buddy.

Here are the facts, as I recall them-

You paid $400 for a unit that costs $300 BRAND NEW and it is used, the servo was missing and the antenna is bent.

You try to use 0% nitro fuel from a plane engine

You defend your actions incessantly.

Here is what I suggest you do.

1. Put foam covers on anything sharp around the house.
2. Get the latest hooked on phonics tape, listen, repeat.
3. Read the truck manual
4. Follow the manual
5. Take tylenol if headache insues

Good luck! Next time do some research buddy.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:36 PM
mrhappyman

lol

sorry frank don't mean to laugh at you but this guy burns really well...i hope i don't ever piss him off.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Dale Gribble

Hey everyone, before you get all frazzled, understand this guy and I have history.

I paid him $400 for a plane, and when I got it, I crashed it on the first time I flew it, and
I think he purposely set it up like that. When I was coming to land, the main landing
gears fell off.

I can't prove anything, but I still suspect sour milk was poured.

It is my money he used to buy this truck.

That is why I am telling him like it is.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Frankenthumb

Mecky, thanks. I found a stock motor for it so that's what's in there now.

I guess I'll re think the steering servo. 102oz is probably over-kill?

Hitec is a local company for me, so I can probably get a battery cover there.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Dale Gribble

I have seen better rebuttals in a middle school girl fight Frank- empty and pointless but for some reason I can't stop watching.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Dale Gribble

Funny about the Victoria's Secret bit and coming out of the bathroom...

When are you going to put out Victor's secret and come out of the closet?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Frankenthumb

You are unbelieveable. I sold you that plane 15 years ago. What is your problem? My brother was there the day that you flew that plane (you might remember him, he was in a wheel chair but flew like an Eagle, God rest his soul) and he assured me that you clipped a tree on approach. I refuse to take responsibility for your sorry skills. That's probably why you've decided to play in two dimensions, instead of with the big boys in three dimentions.

Say hello to your wife for me. Ever wonder why your kids look like me?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:07 AM
PCDEC

I just don't see how a member of this forum, let alone one with that many posts, would go for such a ****ty deal on an r/c anything. Search the remote control section of ebay for em and you will find a bunch of CEN MT2s much cheaper than that NEW and some even have starter kits and stuff so all you need is nitro; they even include batteries.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:16 AM
YanLST
Banned

I'm sure that for like $300 you can get it RTR, or at least with a COMPLETE RADIO SYSTEM, brand new, I must say, it wasn't a good deal, but if you are new it happens... Its too bad, well, have fun!
Yan
Old 01-30-2004, 12:19 AM
YanLST
Banned

Why don't we all chill witht the insults?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?[&:]
Yan
Old 01-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Dale Gribble

You are unbelieveable. I sold you that plane 15 years ago. What is your problem? My brother was there the day that you flew that plane (you might remember him, he was in a wheel chair but flew like an Eagle, God rest his soul) and he assured me that you clipped a tree on approach. I refuse to take responsibility for your sorry skills. That's probably why you've decided to play in two dimensions, instead of with the big boys in three dimentions.

Say hello to your wife for me. Ever wonder why your kids look like me?
I can't say my kids look like you, but they sure act like you, that is for sure-

They cry themselves to sleep at night
They soil their diapers 3-5 times a day
They read books with pictures and 3 words a page

That is about the only similarity I see. You should keep wives out if it, and I will keep it out of your wife, how's that?

You are spreading your misery like the proverbial peanut butter on a town house cracker. You got screwed like a college freshman at a Frat party, and you go on the offensive!

I've got an idea- Take your gold plated Cen truck to Ebay headquarters in San Jose, CA. Place the truck on the main doorstep, and scream 'I am an idiot, I got screwed on Ebay'.

May want to use that extra servo you have lying around to ration your medication properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.