Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Witch Monster Truck To Get?

Old 01-29-2004, 08:33 PM
foxkid04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Witch Monster Truck To Get?

I have been looking for a good monster truck, and found the Savage and T-Maxx. They both grab my interest but i am still unshure wich one i want. They are both the two best trucks on the market and really want one. If you know any of the pro's and con's about these truck i would like to hear aobut them. Thanx
Old 01-29-2004, 08:39 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Witch Monster Truck To Get?

6 letters
CEN MT2

if u say they suck u have seriuos problems called stupidity
Old 01-29-2004, 09:00 PM
MrSavage

noooo, no cen, they aren't bad but they don't have aftermarket support barely at all and they aren't easy to get parts for, SAVAGE, very great truck.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

definately the savage. i have had no prblems with mine at all.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:39 PM
matt067
Banned

get a real truck like a savage or tmaxx
Old 01-29-2004, 11:13 PM
mecky33

fiv4fghtn, who cares if they don't have aftermarket support. ninety percent of the aftermarket support is all about the shiny stuff. The MT2 is a very durable rig and parts are very easy to get. www.ehobbies.com and www.toyhaus.com are two huge sellers of Cen parts. and both can get parts to you inside a week.

Fox, you may want to reconcider your choices. The maxx and savage are the two most well known trucks on the market. They are also among the best, they are not the best. It all depends on what you want to do with your truck. The MT2 gives you a well rounded truck that can take abuse, is fast at the track, and is cheap to repair if you do break something. You do not need aftermarket support to make it a great truck. It is incredibley durable out of the box. Its low price tag is a deturant for a lot of people because cheap does not mean quality. Trust me the MT2 is not an example of that. You get much more than you pay for. If you want to know more about the MT2 go to www.cenracing.com or let me know. One more thing, dont listen to ntrospeed, he is very quick to bash anything but maxx or savage. If you read his posts, he is less than helpful to anyone on here.

378, you may want to cool it with the name calling. you will never get through to people that way.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 AM
SH ByA

I would go with the Savage, Its not that the CEN trucks are bad. But when/if you break something you dont want to wait for your parts to show up when you can go down to the LHS and pick them up right then and there. For your first truck I would sudgest getting a Savage. Its a great truck, and you can easily get parts for it localy. After you know more you might try to get a diff truck. But for your first, I would make sure that the parts are local. it definatly helps.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:57 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Tmaxx, and I love it. I'm the type of person that can't leave anything in stock trim, so the Tmaxx was right up my alley. I am not however a fan of the TRX 2.5 engine, that thing was a nightmare. That engine gave me so much trouble, I was kicking myself in the arss for not getting a savage. But then I got the Sirio 18 for it and I couldn't be happier. If you like to customize and "hop-up" your truck, then the Tmaxx is the undisputed king with more aftermarket support then any other MT available. If you want a solid no hassle basher, then the savage is a good choice. It also has good aftermarket support. I'm considering getting an MT2 for a second truck just because it's so inexpensive.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:04 AM

u wont regret getting a MT2 as long as u dont mistreat it and mistake it 4 the maxx the NT-16 is the trx 2.5's power equal and would bolt right in with a slight throttle linkage ajustment and a side exhaust header expect to spend alotta money to get the maxx into the MT2's league but u plan on doin that anyways lol
Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 AM
YanLST
Banned

HUSH THE FIGHTING! GET A SAVAGE, THE TMAXX SUCKS PRETTY BAD, THE CEN IS OK, AND I (MY SILLY OPPINION) LIKE THE THE SAVAGE THE BEST!
Yan
Old 01-30-2004, 11:13 AM
mecky33

Quit shouting in your posts. we all have eyes and can read what you are trying to say.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:13 AM

just wait a couple of months and get the genesis that thing is the best truck on the market when it hit the market
Old 01-30-2004, 11:15 AM
mecky33

378, there is no proof right now that the Genesis will be the best in the market when it lands. There have been no head to head test, no posted durability reports, or anything like that. It will most likely be among the best, but due to the nature of the hobby, there is no truck that is better than all the rest.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:15 AM

do any of u have email notification i have mine set to every post lol
Old 01-30-2004, 11:21 AM
jefx

378, I've had my Tmaxx for over a year, and I've put on a lot of aftermarket parts. I like to customize, I drool when I surf the net for cool Tmaxx parts. I'm sure my Tmaxx is above and beyond the league that a stock MT2 is in. For me, part of the fun is building it up with upgrades.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:27 PM
SH ByA

If you want to jump it, the best flier is the Savage.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
foxkid04

ok first of all i want to thank all you guys for sharing your opinions. But i did not ask aobut the MT2, I do not care aobut hte mt2, i do not like the mt2, I asked aobut the savage and T-Maxx, u guys have to get over the cen, they are a wanna-be company and can not compair to the T-Maxx or the Savage. I have decided that the savage would be the best for my interset because it it strong durable, and fast.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Nitroaddict

starting a thread like this is akin to smacking a hornet's nest with a bat.

The author asked about the pro's and con's regarding the Savage and Tmaxx. Either answer with your opinion, or don't post. There will be NO bashing of other members in this thread.

On another note - foxkid04 - if you would use the search button, you will find plenty of info about the pros and cons of each truck already here to be read at your leisure. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: foxkid04

u guys have to get over the cen, they are a wanna-be company and can not compair to the T-Maxx or the Savage.

the savage is better than the MT2 but the MT2 is way better than a maxx both trucks being stock
look at it this way it costs about $250 to put a .21 in a MT2 that includes engine slide carb linkage motor mounts and header it costs $400 to make a maxx .21 powered because the tranny cant take it and it has plastic driveshafts the savage comes stock with a .21(or .25 whichever one u get) and dont need a conversion kit for .21

however the savage was my first choice i got the MT2 because i couldnt afford the savage and wouldnt trade a savage for my MT2 u could call it sentimental value ive had mine 2 gallons and wont give it up for anything
Old 01-30-2004, 12:50 PM
azrctruck

go with the Savage a very reliable truck. I have one and love it.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Dale Gribble

I have both...

The Savage is stronger in stock trim. I wasn't completely satisfied with the Maxx until
I upgraded some weak parts in the stock design. The 2.5 works great and has worked
great since the day I had it.

I like the Savage over the Maxx bone stock, but with the RPM stuff on the Maxx, I think
they are pretty equal in all aspects.

Of course, the Savage is a bit harder to work on, it has it's shortfalls to, but still comes
out on top I think.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Dale Gribble

Oh, and as far as the CEN goes, it is a decent truck, I won't deny that, but it has it's place.

Customization is a #1 part of the hobby for me and others. If you think about it, there are only a few
major RC car vendors, and literally thousands of customization vendors. They are on to something- people
love to make their cars their own.

I can go buy wheels, tires, gears, aluminum, carbon fiber, exhausts and much more for the Maxx/Savage in the
next 5 minutes if I so desire.

The CEN is good for what it is- as long as you are happy with what it is, because that is pretty much it.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:34 PM

yeah but hte CEN dont need hopups as bad as the maxx
Old 01-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Dale Gribble

your logic is falling on deaf ears.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:06 PM
jefx

Your right, the Tmaxx does need a few hop-ups to make it more durable, probably more than a stock MT2. But alot of the things that I've done to my Tmaxx are purely by choice, and not exactly "needed". I like the fact that when or if I break a part, I have hundreds of choices for replacement. Like Peter, err Dale said, the MT2 is what it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.