RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

The new TNX

Old 01-30-2004, 04:26 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new TNX

Whats every ones opinion on Tamiya's TNX?
I am gonna buy one and want to know their pros and cons.
Thanx

-Dallas
Old 01-30-2004, 04:40 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: The new TNX

I like this new kit to, one thing is for sure... the TNX is a far better kit than a t maxx kit. eg; the TNX/TC suspension may look simular to the maxx'es but the TNX/TC suspension is far better/superiour because it does NOT use pivot balls so it is stronger and does NOT have the same suspension twist as pivot ball designs. The new engine on the TNX is also designed by O.S engines and I assume the new .21 picco small block will easly fit in it for guys that want more power.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:54 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Im going to trade my T-Maxx 2.5 for one....
[sm=bananahead.gif]

-Dallas
Old 01-30-2004, 05:41 PM
ThermalRD

I cant help but laugh at this reply. You said "one things for sure... the TNX is far better!!!!" i'll just stop right there. The kit isnt out yet. So NOTHING is for SURE. I'll admit, the truck looks interesting. Heres some things i think are well....less than whats expected in todays trucks. First, its STILL a small block. Thats just a bad move on Tamiyas behalf, no matter who makes the motor. If they wanted an OS motor, then make it an OS RG. Second, the trucks diffs are NOT sealed. In todays competitive market, people want to tune their diffs. The diff is also lacking a 4 spider gear setup. Third thing i really dont like, is the telescoping drive shafts....My god, why use them? It just screams T-MAXX!!! I am still anxious to see this truck, although i think Tamiya really screwed it up AGAIN!

Matt
ORIGINAL: gator8

I like this new kit to, one thing is for sure... the TNX is a far better kit than a t maxx kit. eg; the TNX/TC suspension may look simular to the maxx'es but the TNX/TC suspension is far better/superiour because it does NOT use pivot balls so it is stronger and does NOT have the same suspension twist as pivot ball designs. The new engine on the TNX is also designed by O.S engines and I assume the new .21 picco small block will easly fit in it for guys that want more power.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:57 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, the TC has been out a long time and the TNX is based off it, they have the same suspension and has been proven to be very good/better design and I think all after market TC alumium suspension parts will fit on it. I agree the TNX should of come with a .21, I am on the understanding that Tamiya tested the TNX with a O.S .21 RG engine and it held up (without the reverse). as far as sealed diffs go, to each there own, unless I am racing a competitive buggy I will NOT use oils, I perfer grease in my diffs. I thought the t maxx has a 3 spider geard diff too and guys are using .21 engines in them. I also don't care for the telescopic drives but compared to the t maxx'es I hear they are better.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:00 AM
remten2001

here is a picture of the tnx I took it from wildhobbies web site...
Old 01-31-2004, 01:18 PM
supernova803

It looks cool but WAYYY to much PLASTIC! And a .18, c'mon Tamiya, you can do better!