Genius needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Robear
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genius needs help!

Hey there,

I was wondering, if anyone know how to shave RC truck tires like real monster trucks? I know it can be done, because I bought a custom built truck that has tires like that about a year ago, and I haven't drove it on those tires yet because they are my only set like that. So if someone know any tips or tricks to do this quickly and accurately... please post it here, because it would be help to many.

PS. If you wondering why I dont just ask the guy I bought the truck from, it's because I lost his contact info. Maybe you know him... he had a yellow chevy pulling truck featured in Radio Control Car action. Someone offered him $3,500 for it, and he turned it down. He is also some truck pulling champion or something. The last thing I know is online he goes by _ _ _ Racing... for example it might be PDM Racing. So maybe somebody knows who I am talking about and can hook me up with his email addy

Thanks Guys! Rob
Old 02-22-2004, 07:30 AM
popuptoaster

Default RE: Genius needs help!

use a pair of wire cutters and then smooth it all off with a dremel.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Robear
Banned

Well wire cutters will only work if I was trying to shorten the height of the tread. But what I want to do is cut it diagonally. I thought about using my dremel also, but I would prolly end up with a wavy surface. I did look at the tires and tried to guess from the markings how he did it... kinda looks like maybe he used an exacto knife. The thing that gets me is each "paddle of the tires looks EXACTLY the same... like they came from the factory that way... and I know I am not talented enough to get them to look that way using an exacto knife... so I was wondering if someone knew a "trick" to do this. I attached a pic (albiet a bad one) of how I want to cut them. You may be under the impression that I have phat money owning a truck like this, well I used to spend $800/ week on RC stuff, but I got hit with identity fraud and money is very tight, so I can't afford to buy a stack of tires to practice on... so I need to nail it the first time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74040.gif
Views:	10
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	103692  
Old 02-22-2004, 10:35 AM
SpeedDemon-4

Genius you should take a blade of a saw and shape it I have done it before dont push to hard though
Old 02-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Robear
Banned

AH-HA [sm=idea.gif] Thanks SpeedDemon. My only question is 'why didn't I think of that' LOL!!