Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Demon (funny)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 06:42 PM
popa71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Demon (funny)

Six months and no third party support or first party for that matter!!!!!!!! I havent seen any support for the Dirt Demon absolutely no aftermarket parts not even from Hot Bodies since its horrible emergence. Where are the non-believers who thought this thing was so great (Casey). I sure am glad I unloaded that tub of crap before the word got out!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:00 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Dirt Demon (funny)

yet the ones i see run great :-/ makes no sense to me that yours was a pooper compared to each one up here that ive ran with.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:08 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry popa, not trying to be rude but... get over it! to each there own.

Dirt Demon (gen info) http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...rum&forumID=51

Dirt Demon (tips / hopups) http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...rum&forumID=52

I don't understand why some people would think that if you don't have tons of after market support that that would mean the product is no good? (in many cases it means the product is better than most). I have ALWAYS perfered the kits that are a little bit less popular (as long as they have a good design) than the the kits that every tom, dick and harry has, as I said... to each his own.

In any case what type of third party support does the DD kit need?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:05 PM
popa71

Sorry Gator but Im not buying that. Are you trying to tell me that the truck is so good that its own company who is known for making aftermarket parts wont support the truck. You guys have noy answered the question!!!! How about a new set of wheels even a new body. Why does hot bodies make bodies and wheels for the t-maxx and Savage but not the demon. This is a reality, if Im wrong please tell me.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:58 PM
The Boss

Hi popa, as far as wheels/tires go, with the (Hot Bodies) 14mm hexes you can fit most after market rims and tires on to the Dirt Demon so... that is a non issue, the market is flooded with that stuff now. Also by siding on a set of 17mm hexes you can fit about any six diffrent types of 17mm 8scale wheels on the Dirt Demon. As far as bodys go (Hot Bodies, Pro-line, Hpi, Parma, all make extened wheel base and or 8scale bodys that will fit right on to the Dirt Demon so... again it is a non issue.

I am not saying I would not like to see HB make some stuff for this kit, but really the DD does not need much, it's not a t maxx lol.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:16 AM
badboy2

its not a tmaxx its thunder quake
Old 11-06-2003, 04:13 AM
The Boss

Nope, it's not a Thunder quake, I don't know why you would say they are the same?, there are a few simulararitys BUT there are very few parts that you could intercange from the DD to upgrade the TQ. The DD offers more bang for the buck and is even a better kit in some ways than the TQ.

Dirt Demon / Thunder Quake comparision
http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ic&topicID=838

Anyway the Thunder Quake is a great kit too, or is there something wrong with your Thunder Quake?. We got a few in our club including my self and some guys are running twin .21 engines with no real problems and even single engined TQ's got no problems beating t maxxes on our club tracks.

Twin .21 Thunder Quake
http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ID=917&start=1
Old 11-06-2003, 01:51 PM
badboy2

idk but they really look the same except fro the size and 8 shox..like an upgraded TQ
Old 11-06-2003, 02:09 PM
crzy-svg-usr

umm one prob wiht the twin tq its got 2 diff engines am i missing sumthign here the regular hyper motor woudl never keep up wih the 8port hmm POS neone?
Old 11-06-2003, 11:48 PM
popa71

hey GatorI dont think you get it !!! Im not talking about retro fitting parts on the dirt demon. I want to see a line of parts come out for it. The Savage doesnt need much but people still make partsd for it. Surely wouldnt you like to see some cool wheels like the ufos come out for it. Hot Bodies makes some of the best looking wheels why wont they make them for there own truck?
Old 11-07-2003, 08:42 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: popa71

hey GatorI dont think you get it !!! Im not talking about retro fitting parts on the dirt demon. I want to see a line of parts come out for it. The Savage doesnt need much but people still make partsd for it. Surely wouldnt you like to see some cool wheels like the ufos come out for it. Hot Bodies makes some of the best looking wheels why wont they make them for there own truck?
does traxxas even make upgrade tires for the tmaxx themselves? do they make bodies themselves other than the crap prepainted ones? does traxxas make quality upgrades AT ALL For the tmaxx, NO!! only company I can really think of that makes quality on there own kits is HPI. Anyways, I like how gator8 proves everything. You dont need a main stream truck to win. Isnt it like a 80/20% ratio driver/vehicle anyways?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:41 AM
popa71

Well Hot Bodies is known for making quality upgrades unlike traxxas. There is know way you can explain why Hot Bodies has produced nothing for there own truck. But Im not afraid to say the thing is a flop, of course they wont dump anymore money into the project. Its a shame you guys cant even admit the truth.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
bigjdubb

Umm, not sure if you realize this or not but the whole reason Hot Bodies uses 14mm hex's is so that all of their existing wheels will work on the truck. There is no way that they could make DD specific wheels. The only way they could have a DD specific body would be to pre drill the holes. The things you are saying makes absolutely no sense at all. Stay out from under the power lines and things will get better for you.

And yes I think the truck is a flap. Personally I wouldnt buy anything from Hot Bodies in the first place. I also wouldnt say that they are known for making quality parts, they are known for making parts, quality parts is pushing it though

does traxxas even make upgrade tires for the tmaxx themselves? do they make bodies themselves other than the crap prepainted ones? does traxxas make quality upgrades AT ALL For the tmaxx, NO!!
Traxxas does make hop ups and tires for the t-maxx. They even make an upgraded chassis for it.

Shocks
Tires
chassis
suspension
and a few other misc parts. So yes they do make parts for the t-maxx
Old 11-07-2003, 02:15 PM
popa71

Big jdubb aparently there is a powerline right outside your window!!!!!! because the begining of your post makes no sense. Hot bodies has a complete line of wheels for the Traxas and savage trucks. Of course they can make a line to fit the dirt demon. the problem is they will not produce them if they know they will loose money. Thats why we wont ever see them. They simply have not sold enough units for it to be profitable. They knew the parts line for the Savage would be profitable because of the amount of trucks that are aready sold. My point was Hot bodies is a company that is known for hop ups, producing kits is secondary. Even though they are known for producing hop ups they have none for there own truck. Within months Traxxas and HPi had aftermarket parts for there MTs.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:18 PM
popa71

The existing Hot bodies wheels do not fit on the Dirt Demon. So I am very sure you never owned one.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:39 PM
bigjdubb

No I have never owned one, and in fact would never own anything from Hot Bodies. I was going by the review I read (my mistake) in RCCA where they stated that the DD would be able to use all of HB's existing wheels and tires. Either way HB sucks the wang, lets agree that the Dirt Demon is a flop and will not last much longer.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:44 PM
popa71

Jdubb I second The Motion !!!! Very well spoken.. The Savage is a Beast!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19595.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	73062  
Old 11-07-2003, 05:40 PM
caseyddr

i cant wait for it to flop then cuz ill take a cheap used one!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

hotbodies wheels do fit on the DD. any tmaxx wheel will fit on it.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:08 PM
popa71

No they do not the axles are twice as big
Old 01-23-2004, 04:47 PM
dmckie

http://www.nitroextreme.com/cars_tru...4/tech_007.jpg

Huh , well imagine that a dirt demon w/t maxx tires. hmmm
Old 01-23-2004, 08:04 PM
FoxRacing500r-delete
Banned

Casey,remember Popa is god,he know all.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
popa71

Thats a custom job thats why you see all the parts sitting out there in front of it, they are showing you how to make them fit. And is that the same Fox that has to ask how to adjust a 2 speed. You just came back why are you looking for trouble!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:44 PM
FoxRacing500r-delete
Banned

It is my friends 2 speed,and popa you always talk more sh*t, than two a*s cheeks
Old 01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
popa71

Yah still had to ask. Why do insist on starting trouble and using curse words. You keep this up they will kick you out of the forum. Is that what you are looking for??????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.