Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Is it me or is everyone conterdicting them selfs?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Is it me or is everyone conterdicting them selfs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it me or is everyone conterdicting them selfs?

Ok. Many of the people that I have talked to say that CEN and their products suck. Well most of the people that said that are purchasing the GENNY. If you ask me it is realy annoying and you might not know it but every one has conterdicted themselfs.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:55 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

Default RE: Is it me or is everyone conterdicting them selfs?

yeah, It'd pretty damn funny how people do that! damn hipicrits!!1
Old 02-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Isnt it? I think it is hillaious!

I am kinda mad because I wanted CEN to be one of those under-rated comanys that everyone thinks is bad but in the end, coming on top.

The genny is a really nice truck from the specs. But we will see how it compares to it's big brother the MT-2.

Is it possable to slap on that .46? haha
Old 02-04-2004, 07:24 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's BIG brother mt2? Older, not bigger.
I don't think it's much of a contradiction, now if those same people said that the Genesis sucked and then went out and bought one, THAT would be a contradiction. Untill the Genesis announcement, Cen's product line-up wasn't exactly innovative, and many LHS's (including mine) refuse to carry Cen products. So I can understand people's outlook of the company and it's products.
You said;
"I am kinda mad because I wanted CEN to be one of those under-rated comanys that everyone thinks is bad but in the end, coming on top."
Well that time may be now. It appears that Cen is trying to redefine itself as a company with a new flagship model that IS innovative. It'll be the biggest and badest RTR MT available, with it's only direct competition being the Truckzilla (not an RTR), and maybe just what they need to win a spot in people's hearts.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:02 AM
SH ByA

I agree with you there. Up until the Genesis, my LHS would not cary CEN products. But with the coming of the Genesis they are now carying a bunch of the CEN trucks. When I went there for X-mas they had a bunch of the current trucks. I think this is a good thing because the current line of CEN trucks are good trucks for those who dont want to spend much to get started in the hobby, and if the LHS can cary them and some parts it will help them to become stronger in the market. I hope their new Genesis will help that. It seems like they are off to a good start. If the Genesis does well in the market and its as good as the hype, then they are on their way to becoming a player in the industry. [8D]
Old 02-05-2004, 09:51 AM
fhm101

You should be careful making such sweeping statements about everyone being contradictory regards the CEN. I for one have never expressed an opinion on any CEN products, but since you have forced my hand, here goes. A couple of years ago when CEN first started showing up in America, a local shop jumped on the bandwagon and ordered a slew of them in all styles. The shop owner was pushing very hard on all his regular customers ( I was one at that time) to take advantage of this wonderful, new, low cost RC phenom. Having been burned several times by rushing into the latest and greatest I took a wait and see and i am ever so glad i did. Every CEN this local shop sold was broken in some way or another within 24 hours of leaving the shop and parts were few and far between. If the latest offering from CEN is of the same quality as the examples I've seen, it will simply be the biggest POS to hit the market lately.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:22 AM
ThermalRD

My opinion on the Genesis still stands strong. I think its going to be plagued with problems. Since you brought up the topic of people on here being hipocrits, or contradicting themselves. Explain this to me... I hear alot of people on this forum say how EXPENSIVE the MGT is, and how its soooo over priced. Well, the MGT comes from one of the TOP companies in the business, known for quality. Now this GENESIS comes along, and everybody wants to preorder it. CEN has stated the truck will hit the stores around the 550 price range. That seems kinda odd that people would pay such a large amount for a truck from a company that has yet to prove themselves. Explain that???

Matt
Old 02-05-2004, 10:38 AM
mecky33

I have to say, in the defence of all new cars RC or otherwise, that any new vehicle to come to the market will have its share of problems. Whether they are problems that are due to real world abuse, or things that took longer to come to the surface that testing would allow. Cen in particular has had problems, but they are a new company with new products and they are doing a great job of repairing or replacing defective items. I can guaranty that when traxxas came out with their first RC that it wasn't the most durable or well recieved car on the market. And the same with HPI. Now, these two companies are running at the top of the market with more sales than the competition. And as far as I have seen from my truck, the trucks of others on this forum, and talking to Cen about other problems that they have encountered, Cen is doing very well for a startup company releasing products in an established market. I am sure the Genesis will have its share of problems. But the first trucks to come out are pretty much a shake down batch that will test the limits of durability. If there are problems with the truck, Cen will do everything it can to replace or repair the problems and keep the customer happy. But as with any vehicle, again RC or otherwise, time will tell.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

hey sweetshoes and t-maxx killer, you really need to learn how to spell.

conterdicted themselfs
possable
conterdicting? Try contradicting
themselfs? Try themselves

hipicrits
Hipocrit? Try hypocrites

I can barely read your posts when I see this stuff. It seems so uneducated, I can't take a word you say seriously.

You don't have to be an English major, but see the spell check button by the 'ok' button? Use it!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:36 AM
ThermalRD

So, all that education from a guy with "From: For sizzo my nizzo, DE, USA" as his location??? LMAO
Where exactly is For SIZZO my NIZZO??? lol

Matt

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

hey sweetshoes and t-maxx killer, you really need to learn how to spell.

conterdicted themselfs
possable
conterdicting? Try contradicting
themselfs? Try themselves

hipicrits
Hipocrit? Try hypocrites

I can barely read your posts when I see this stuff. It seems so uneducated, I can't take a word you say seriously.

You don't have to be an English major, but see the spell check button by the 'ok' button? Use it!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Dale Gribble

Touche Matt, Touche!

However, that is just a silly catch phrase, and not meant for communication purposes.

These guys are trying to express their opinions, and I just find it difficult to read
and follow them. I then discredit their posts based on the fact that they cannot
spell right or put a sentence together.

Don't throw the ball over the fence buddy. No reason for you and I to exchange back and forth.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Dale Gribble

Old 02-06-2004, 03:06 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

My opinion on the Genesis still stands strong. I think its going to be plagued with problems. Since you brought up the topic of people on here being hipocrits, or contradicting themselves. Explain this to me... I hear alot of people on this forum say how EXPENSIVE the MGT is, and how its soooo over priced. Well, the MGT comes from one of the TOP companies in the business, known for quality. Now this GENESIS comes along, and everybody wants to preorder it. CEN has stated the truck will hit the stores around the 550 price range. That seems kinda odd that people would pay such a large amount for a truck from a company that has yet to prove themselves. Explain that???

Matt
These words speak so much truth in such a beautiful forum! Its well known I personally think the MGT is overpriced (unless you can find it for cheaper), but 550 for a "generic" company's truck! HAH! This is a hobby where you pay for what you spend. Cen is known to be 'cheaper' in the quality market, hence the lower prices. Now, 550 for such a big truck made by Cen, how much you think this 'beast' would be if say HPI or Hot Bodies produced it? Probably alot more. The price is already too high, and to be a Cen product? No thanks.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The msrp is actually $499.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:50 AM
mecky33

Casey, please quit talking down about a product you know nothing about. Cen has a very good reputation of quality. but people assume because of the price, its crap. They are not a generic company. If anything the big names should be considered generic. All they are are a conglomeration of outsourced parts assembled by underpaid workers then sold for a premium. The MSRP for the Genesis is 499.99. not 550 or 600. And again, I challenge you to run an MT2 or the Genesis when it comes out. I am sure you will be surprized.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:24 AM
midnight crusher

it has too much useless junk on it, id rather put a 46 for less money in my truck then have 15 shocks and 4 wheel steering and a folding down tv it looks like if you flipped it over it would explode into a ball of flames
Old 02-07-2004, 08:58 AM
popa71

The Genisis does look pretty damn awesome!!!! If it works out I will have to get one. I do agree with Thermal, it looks like it will have many problems. Not because I think its cheap or anything like that. That truck has so much going on , so many advances in technology that there will have to be some problems. I would wait for the second batch on that one. But it does appear that Cen pulled out all the stops.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:42 AM
popa71

Thermal hear is an explaination why people will pay more for the Genisis than the MGT!!!!!!! Its all about getting what you pay for No doubt the MGT is a pretty good truck. But Associated didnt break any new barriers with it. It almost looks like a redesigned Maxx and Its slower than all the Compitition. It only has a.21 engine. When you start talking about $500 people want to hear of a 3 speed and an oversized engine. They dont want to hear about a great reputation. Although associated produced a quality truck. If it had a .26 you wouldnt be able to keep them on the shelf!!!!!! They should have geared the truck for 40 + MPH
Old 02-07-2004, 11:04 AM
creeping death

I think the mgt has some good new things going for it...fuel bulb primer...dual start...ball joint like suspension...I saw it yesterday, and it was impressive...it's also made by thunder tiger for team associated I found out...but I don't think AE would put there name on a crap truck...imo.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:23 AM
ThermalRD

Im sorry popa, but i still disagree with you. Adding a .26 to a package doesnt make it more valuable, it only raises the cost of the RTR package, and in the end you still have a BUDGET, LOW end motor. The fact is that the .21 is a BIG BLOCK, and any .24-.27 will fit in its place. In fact, there is a GERMAN site someone linked to on the MGT forum, that has a .50 conversion for the truck!!! If only i could read GERMAN. lol. Im not saying the GENESIS will be a POS, im saying that if they cant sell an MT2 even after winning races with it, then they surely cant sell a 500+ dollar truck. The MGT is from a reputable company giving you a fuel tank that runs upside down, a dual starting system, a big block, CVD's, and a rear exit exhaust. The radio box is the best design i've seen yet, and it also has reverse. The diffs have 4 spider gears, and they are sealed. BTW, the mgt is selling online at 449...Im curious to see how the GENESIS shakes out when it gets released. It will be up against a market of serious competitors. The way i see it, if someone is just getting into the hobby, wants something BIG, FAST, and CHEAP, they will end up buying an XTM Mammoth.

Matt
ORIGINAL: popa71

Thermal hear is an explaination why people will pay more for the Genisis than the MGT!!!!!!! Its all about getting what you pay for No doubt the MGT is a pretty good truck. But Associated didnt break any new barriers with it. It almost looks like a redesigned Maxx and Its slower than all the Compitition. It only has a.21 engine. When you start talking about $500 people want to hear of a 3 speed and an oversized engine. They dont want to hear about a great reputation. Although associated produced a quality truck. If it had a .26 you wouldnt be able to keep them on the shelf!!!!!! They should have geared the truck for 40 + MPH
Old 02-07-2004, 02:47 PM
popa71

This is about marketing Thermal, we both know your not getting a high end engine. But its all about the bigger better deal. If you have two trucks setting there and one of them has a larger engine for the same of cheaper price which one do you think they will buy? In reality for most of us it really doesnt matter because we hop them up right away!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 02:55 PM
popa71

The Mammoth may be inexpensive but its not made cheap!!!! I went to my hobbyshop today and they had 0 Mammoths in stock. They said they are having trouble getting them in due to high demand. But they did have 3 MGTs on the floor. they simply do not sell that well. My shop is not particular to any brand the only thing they dont sell is Cen and Duratrax. They cant push them out the door. The MGT would sell better if they didnt put an engine in it at all and knocked $100 off the price. Plus knowone cares about the fuel tank ( even though its cool) and that drill start is a gimmick just like the fake piggybacks.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:03 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: popa71
Plus knowone cares about the fuel tank ( even though its cool) and that drill start is a gimmick just like the fake piggybacks.
When i run at a construction site, and the truck flips over, and can still run perfect until i get over to it, then the fuel tank matters. So, i care. lol. The drill start is a gimmick? Why is that? To say the drill start is a gimmick would imply that it does not do as it is intended to. To my knowledge, nobody with an MGT has had any problems with it. What sells at your LHS really doesnt mean anything to me. I can go to any of the various hobby shops in and around my area, they all sell different trucks regularly. Why? Because some are in bad neighborhoods, some are in rich communities, and some just dont sell squat no matter where they are.

Matt
Old 02-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

"He said", "they said", "I heard", "my LHS.......this", "my LHS........that".........

Some of you guys are bashing something not even available yet. Some of you are praising something that isn’t even available yet.

Bah, it’s too early to tell a damn thing other that the fact that it looks cooj. Yes, it will have its share of problems just like everything else on the market regardless of manufacturer. Yes, the first buyers will be guinea pigs. After the release, feedback will be both positive and negative and constant issues will be resolved by CEN.

So many people will jump on the first opportunity to shoot something down when they know nothing about it and I can’t express enough how stupid that really is.

I do not own any CEN products and I am at the mercy of what I read just like many of you. I have not read or seen where any of the CEN products had anymore problems with any particular model than that of Traxxes, DuraTraxx, HPI and the like.

I’m not standing up for CEN here. I’m standing up for what I believe is everything has it’s good and bad to somebody, and two people will totally disagree about the exact same product any given day.

Until “it” (whatever “it” may be) is universally known as a “piece of crap” and/or you have put your hands on it……….you’re reviews are senseless gibberish.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:04 PM
sovietspyguy

I knew the time would come when I was sick of hearing this, so I think I have to say something now:

Anybody who thinks the MGT is just an overpriced T-maxx is an idiot. I don't understand how you can possibly think this. Let's look at the similarities then, shall we?

1) They both have four wheels (Those damn copycats at AE!!)
2) They both have engines (Shocking!)
3) They both have 8 shocks and two A-arms per wheel (Will it ever end?), something which very many trucks (including the savage) also have. However, since the Savage has a different chassis, everything else on it is kosher. But the second a company dare release a truck with a flat chassis and a vaguely similar suspension setup, everybody screams bloody murder.
4) They are both four wheel drive.
5) They both have differentials.
6) They can both move forward, AND backward.
7) They each come in a BOX!
8) They each come with radios! How DARE a company sell a radio with an RTR kit? Clearly this was an ingenius development by traxxas, never to be brought up or mentioned again.
9) They have ball pivot suspension (Speechless!!). Now even though this is an obvious sign that the MGT is nothing but a bigger T-maxx, I'm even more surprised at the other clear rip-offs. For example, the T-maxx uses screws! What's more, they are metal screws, just like on the MGT! And even more horrific, the screws are both philips head AND hex!
10) Both suspension setups have A-arms that kinda sorta go around the shocks. I guess this is clearly an innovation only Traxxas could ever imagine.

My point is that this argument makes no sense. People see the shock setup and instantly assume it's nothing but a T-maxx. This would be like going into a store, seeing an on-road car, and a MT, then seeing that they both have similar looking heads on the engines (though different in size) and then concluding they are the same. Why not just take it further and say that every car ever made is a ripoff of the original four-wheeled, engine-powered, held-together-by-screws, can-move-forwards-and-backwards-and-also-steer-left-AND-right car?

Please, this argument was old when it was originally uttered. Find something else to complain about.

That's all on that topic.

On another, why is everyone so hung up on the engine size? "Well yes the genesis may be more but...it's got a BIGGER ENGINE!!" Yes, it does, and your point? If more people were like that, the companies would just take a 50 cc lawn mower engine, kinda sorta bolt some wheel things onto it, and sell thousands for 700 dollars a piece. Get over it, there's more to a car than the engine it comes with. And at this price level, what do you expect? You expect every car to come with a WASP .26 in it for 500 dollars? Get over yourselves already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.