beeker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default what brand is good?

Hey I am trying to get into this and was wondering how much maintenance a gas powered truck is? Also I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good brand that is dependable with not alot of work involved. I need 4x4 and the whole package with about 4inches ground clearance. Also I have around $400 to spend so if any1 has advice or info please let me know. Thanks
Old 02-05-2004, 03:03 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: what brand is good?

Every brand requires maintenance. For around 400 bucks you can get a savage or a t-maxx. None of the other trucks in that price range have the ground clearance you are looking for.

Matt
ORIGINAL: beeker

Hey I am trying to get into this and was wondering how much maintenance a gas powered truck is? Also I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good brand that is dependable with not alot of work involved. I need 4x4 and the whole package with about 4inches ground clearance. Also I have around $400 to spend so if any1 has advice or info please let me know. Thanks
Old 02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
kennebell50

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Your going to have go 1/4 scale for that kind of ground clearance.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:19 PM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Like matt said, every truck requires maintenance. There are things that will need to be lubed, replaced, checked all the time. The big thing to look at when you buy a truck is how much can you afford to repair at one time. Look at your cost of replacement parts such as piston and sleeve, A arms, clutch, clutch bell, spur gears, diff gears, drive shafts, bearings, etc.... Also, is that 400 for a truck, spare parts, fuel and nitro starter set? or is it for the truck and you have other money for accessories?

If you want an inexpensive, fast, durable truck made by a company with awesome customer service and support, look at the Cen Fun Factor MT2. You can get the truck for 280 to 300 bucks depending on where you buy it. Parts are inexpensive, and the truck is easy to work on. Your ground clearance want is going to be problem though. If you want to see how much clearance you can get by adding different shocks go to my gallery. Stock the MT2 has about 2 1/2 inches or so. If you want more info on the MT2 go to www.cenracing.com or let me know.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:22 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

savage
Old 02-05-2004, 08:36 PM
DaSHiKi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

savage but please use the search key and look for the old posts
Old 02-06-2004, 12:57 PM
nitromouse
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

cen cen cen thats all you guys can say. its almost like you guys are company reps or something. there not all that. support, what support most lhs wont carry them and dont stock parts. If you want ground clearance look at the 1/8 scale trukcks. you might want to concider a hpi nitro mt with proline masher tires before you buy a cen mt2 or duratrax mt. dtx mt has alot of aftermarket aluminum included in the kit with a 2-speed plus support equipment. Way more truck for your buck than cen will ever be.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:46 PM
mecky33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

nitromouse, Cen vehicles are not all that, but they are good rigs. also, we have gone over the lack of LHS support many times. If you read the post it says "a company with awesome customer service and tech support". Where did it mention LHS? Plus that truck/tire combo is pushing four hundred bucks. Also, have you ever run or seen a Cen rig?