rcblaze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default MGT or Havoc Hybrid

Havoc kit with supermaxx suspension or MGT? What would you do and why?
Old 02-06-2004, 09:58 AM
bigjdubb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: MGT or Havoc Hybrid

Well it's not really a fair comparison. It's like saying Camaro or Vette, which would you get. You will pay a good bit more to finish off the Havok but it will be faster and handle much better. If you got the dough go with the Havok, if you are trying to stay away from spending $1000 on an MT get the MGT.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:20 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wouldnt buy the HAVOC unless i was a serious racer. I think i would cry if i ever took that truck out bashing. Just couldnt do it. Just depends what you wanna do with it.

Matt
Old 02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
nitromouse
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Back yard bashing or racing, that is the question! If it was me, I would decide if I wanted to race only or a little of both or bashing only.
For racing I would buy a truggy not a chasis that i would have to scrap another truck to build. For bashing I would go with the MGT or similar truck. In the end its your money, and you have to be happy with what you buy, not try to please everyone else or worry about what others think about what you like.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
rcblaze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the opinion's. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. But here is why. I have a Dominator that is hopped up pretty good and I'm getting it more and more ready for the track. I also have a Tmaxx that is half way done. You guys know what I mean right. lol I did the diffs the cvds pro-line kit and so on. I was just gonna cut my loses and ebay it. But 200 or 300 on ebay would just be a waste b/c of all the money already spent. I mean I don't want what I paid but I'd rather use the parts if they would be reliable in a havoc kit. So to answer racing or bashing really both I don't care about bashing the havoc kit with supermaxx stuff after all thats what it is for. I will also race it. So it has to be the best basher and racer. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that the havoc kit is worth the money to build with so many other truggy options out. Keep the opinion's coming. Thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 04:34 PM
raykessler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What the heck is a Havok??????????
Old 02-06-2004, 05:29 PM
muad dib

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am building a havoc, I didn't buy anything from renegade though. I got the chassis/top plate on Ebay new for 100.00, nova shock towers, traxxas F/R bulkeads on ebay for like 80.00, diff conversion from trophy class rc. proline suspension and a OS .21 rg. Everything else is on the way. All said and done around 600 bucks and I started from scratch. It sounds like you have almost everyhting except the chassis and as far as the the supermaxx suspension thats your decision you could just use the proline suspension you have, but id you want to go aluminum check out www.trophyclassrc.com their suspension set is rad, totally unique, it makes it super wide, you mount the shocks on the upper arm for more possible sus. travel and it uses a three pivot ball design so you don't need rear turnbuckles. I also think that for bashing you could buy or make some chassis braces and it would be just as tough. I'll post pics when I am done. I have a savage ss w/roto start and battery minus electronics for sale on ebay because I only want one off road vehicle.

Cheers
Old 02-07-2004, 03:27 PM
bubbafien

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok, here goes

tcrc-out of business-suspension set is not very good.
unless you bought those tcrc cases used or have had them a long time, i doubt you actually have them. their stuff is becomeing harder and harder to get. i had the suspension and wasn't too excited w/ it.

racer x- much better than the tcrc suspension. uses 2 LOWER pillow balls to eliminate rear tie rod. best handling in the game

sm vs. mgt- really there is no comparison. the sm is tougher, will handle better and probably be faster. go w/ the havoc

bubbafien
Old 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
muad dib

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: bubbafien

ok, here goes

tcrc-out of business-

They are out of business??? I placed an order two weeks ago and have heard nothing from them. ***!!!
Their site mentioned nothing of this. How long have they been out of business? Did you have a positive experience with them as far as customer service issues??? This is not good news
Old 02-07-2004, 04:36 PM
muad dib

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

stupid quote box. I was did not mean to imply that I already had them and tried them nor was I meaning to start a this is better than that, just offering possible alternatives. Well anyhoo, I guess my goal now will be to get my money back.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:36 PM
bubbafien

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hold up for a second. i just went to their site, and it appeares that they MIGHT be back. the last time i was at their site you were unable to place orders, now as you know, you can...

i would send an e-mail and ask em whats up. CAUTION- the e-mail addy is the same and the last time i sent one it said that the addy did not exist. i am going to retry though. i bought the suspension kit from Mike Cronin (some racer, dunno if you have heard of him) but, i never used it. i installed it and some of the threads were not tapped staightly, and mainly, when you installed the rods up front, the suspension would not go down all the way. it would want to bend your rod ends. keep in mind though, i was also using the UE servo saver and they might not be compatable.

i am going to try and send an e mail and see what happens.

bubbafien
Old 02-07-2004, 06:48 PM
bubbafien

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yep, i tried again and noyhing. i get an e mail back that says "undeliverable mail"

hope you get your money back

bubbafien
Old 03-12-2004, 08:39 PM
jackyl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A properly setup hybrid will be all around better than a stock or modifed tmaxx/savage/mgt/cen ect ect. If money were no object. I would get the havok stage 3 kit from www.renegaderc.com and then I would get the racer-x UE suspension and get a .26 for it and the integrated UE shocktower bulkhead set from UE. IF you had the money to build a setup like this it would be killer hands down. and you could bash with it "if you could stomach it" and you would also be able to race with it. and when it's sitting on the shelf you could drool over it :>

Or you could save an buttload of money and just buy the peices that you need used from forums or ebay and just build a hybrid yourself. or just build your own chassis. it isn't that hard actually 2 degree kickup on the front portion of the main chassis and the rest is all flat, it'll take some time to lay everything out and make sure your holes are square so your gear mesh is correct. but it's actually really basic. if you have any fabrication skill at all. building a hybrid chassis is very simple. And before anyone says "if it's so simple then where is yours?" it's in progress just that I'm making one the way that I see fit as I don't have the money to dump like alot of you guys does on these really overprices pieces of aluminum.