Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Opininon Needed

Old 02-29-2004, 10:51 AM
crazypyro013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opininon Needed

I am currently debating on which monster truck i should get. I'm thinking of going after an X-Factor, Mammoth, or Savage .25. I'm currently budgeted to $410.00, any help would b nice, also if you have any other suggestions feel free to make them.

Also can anyone explain which is better the Mammoth or X-Factor..... and by better I mean which is better at doing anything imaginable w/ it.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:28 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Opininon Needed

The savage would be your best all around truck, and certainly has the other trucks beat in the durability. The x-factor is a rock crawler, so it cant compare to the mammoth. I would say the mammoth is the better of those two.

Matt
Old 02-29-2004, 12:56 PM
crazypyro013

well i have decided on either a Mammoth or T-Maxx 2.5..... still any suggestion, or personal experience would be nice
Old 02-29-2004, 01:50 PM
ThermalRD

Of those two trucks, id take the 2.5 maxx.

Matt
ORIGINAL: crazypyro013

well i have decided on either a Mammoth or T-Maxx 2.5..... still any suggestion, or personal experience would be nice
Old 02-29-2004, 02:11 PM
vizaracer

ive got a savage 25 and it runs very nice.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

How do you plan on using your truck? racing, crawling, bashing, jumping, or all around?

the best two trucks (in my opinion) for each category
Racing: The Mammoth- reported to hit 50+ on the street and i've heard its got great high speed stability; The T-Maxx- its not the Mammoth, but it puts up one hell of a fight!

Crawling: The X-Factor- its the only one that belongs in this category... its got solid axles and great articulation.... it is also the only thing the X-Factor has on the other trucks

Bashing: The Savage- this thing is definately the one for bashing... its torqy, its got good speed, great suspension, great aftermarket, and its the strongest truck of the lineup (i think); The T-Maxx has great aftermarket, got the speed, its small, so it doesnt need that much torque (even though its pretty good for a .15), and its got good suspension... the only drawback is that its fragile. it doesnt cost much though, so you will still have money to buy the essential replacements...

Jumping: The Savage- people say this thing was made to Jump. Its great on the track, and its mid air responsiveness is perfect... the landing is very stable because of its oozie suspension; The T-maxx- This truck is awsome for jumping. Its made for track racing, its got some good mid air response, but it may be a bit sensitive... the landing is a bit wonky, but you get used to it, and you can easily figure it out...

All around:
I have to go with the T-Maxx on this one... Even though it didnt take first in any of these categories, its the most versetile of them all, its got the best aftermarket, its fast(good in most fields), and its a pretty cheap buy... The Savage comes in at a VERY close second... its pretty versetile, but not like the Maxx... its more expensive, but its harder to break than the other trucks... and aftermarket is pretty good

conclusion
Im not Familiar with the Mammoth... so if i underrated it, then my bad... feel free to object...
The X-factor... its a crawler... i dont think its that versatile... unless you have plans for crawling, i dont reccomend it... im not that familiar with this truck too much either... its not bad, but its a solid crawler....
Old 02-29-2004, 03:34 PM
kevinRC

my mammoth should be here wendsday...ill give my opinion if ya want...
Old 03-06-2004, 01:24 AM
tmaxkilla
Banned

wait let me think about this one this is harrd[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
ok i think i would go with the savage
oh hell yea savage 25[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-06-2004, 10:52 PM
rdmonster

I have a tmaxx and though a good truck it breaks. I do bash it around and its taken some tough shots but I know I would have gotten off cheaper by getting the savage. The upside is that my maxx is pimped out and now is virtually indestructable but I have the price of another nice truck tied up in all the upgrades.Out of the box the tmaxx is very fast and is pretty durable but Im #1 not a carefull driver and #2 I hit alot of stuff when it was really really cold out.I hate to say it but Im sure the savage is a little more durable.(Like alot more)