Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

stopped by cops???

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 12:02 PM
kevinRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stopped by cops???

hey i ahve just been wondering......have any u guys ever been stopped by the cops for playing with ur RC's on town property that is not being used????? or just been stopped in general????
Old 02-29-2004, 12:10 PM
SMaxxnit

Default RE: stopped by cops???

I haven't yet! I guess I better stop playing with my Sport Maxx in the street in front of my complex. The speed limit there is 35mph. I like seeing the look on the kids faces when I pull up beside them. I've attracted a cop or two driving my S Maxx in the parking lot of the local grocery store but I've never been asked to stop. Those piles of snow make great ramps!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:47 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

not I .and just the other night about 11 oclock the police came to inform me they were getting noise complaints not surprised though. the cop thought the trucks were cool
Old 02-29-2004, 01:55 PM
petrolpixie

almost eveytime i go out!!!!!!!!!
the cop usually cruise around all the local car parks and check that no one is doing burn outs in them and they always stop and ask me and my friends all sorts of questions.
one time someone called the cops and said that we were breaking into the hardware shop that we were using the car park of.
we heard it on my scanner and we knew that there was gonna be 5 cops cars turning up but we still played with our cars regardless.
whats even better is....... WE GOT IT ALL ON VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 02:09 PM
kevinRC

lol so for the most parts they just leave u guys alone?????
Old 02-29-2004, 02:11 PM
petrolpixie

they usually just ask the questions that everyone asks like.....how fast do they go.........what do they cost blah blah blah
Old 02-29-2004, 02:19 PM
ICrashThings

i live in a drug area where well, not alot of nice people here...and if i drive my truck, all the old ppl come outside and complain that its "Too Loud!"... the druggies just sit on their door step and watch the truck go. I had a police man stop at my house because he was told of a noise that was really loud and he needed to check it out...i got my truck and showd him and now that police man is getting his son a truck...
Old 02-29-2004, 02:34 PM
spazzyfry123

The only time the cops got around me for this was when I was driving my T-Maxx up at a dirt field that the local dirtbikers and 4-wheelers ride at. They paid no attention to me, but they busted a few people for reckless driving and for trespassing property. Didn't matter though, as soon as they left everyone came back and I still cruised around for a while. Dirtbikers got a kick out of it when I smoked one in a drag race!
Old 02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
motionmachine

It could happen......charged with Nitro possesion with intent to burn? :lol
Old 02-29-2004, 03:27 PM
IBRC

I was at a parking lot where they were racing cars and trucks (R/C) and a cop stopped, got out and pulled out his gun...his radar gun. He was curious to see how fast these thing were going, then he would tell the owners of the cars how they were going, he was getting a kick out of it. It was pretty funny.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:31 PM
kevinRC

well the only reason i ask is b.c on the other side of my street is emtpy...then beyond that is a whole development for old people...but ive been using the weedwacker to make a track near them and no one has called the cops on my yet....so i should be ok.........ill get pictures of the completed track if u guys want....
Old 02-29-2004, 03:37 PM
mrjason82

me and my buddy go to all sorts of parking lots, one night we went up to my old high school and played around in there. The security guard came up to us and told us that he had a T-Maxx. He watched us play in the parking lot, but while he was watching us some kids tried to break into the school and like 4 cop cars came by and asked us some questions after they left we kept on playing, since the security guard told them we were just playing in the parking lot the whole time. Never had a cop bother us or try to run us off...we always drive around in church or school parking lots after midnight and cops see us all the time.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:04 PM
ICrashThings

the cops dont really care...as long as we are staying out of trouble and not really destroying anything they just let you by. I think they do this cause they need to cath the REAL bad ppl...like robbers or something...[&:]
Old 02-29-2004, 04:15 PM
motionmachine

True or False?

1. AN RC owner can be ticketed for speeding in a residential neiborhood if the RC is exceeding the posted limit.

Example: RC doing 45 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.

2. An RC owner can be ticketed for wreckless driving in a residential neiborhood if the RC while speeding causes damage to others personal property.

Example: Blasting 45 mph down the street and lose control, clip the curb which launches it into the side of a brand new car, causing $500 in body and paint damage.

3. An RC operator can be ticketed for DUI if the cops arrive while your drinking and driving an RC.

Example: Use your imagination!

Im sure its not likely, but could it happen? I've known a guy with DUI conviction on a bike ROFLMAO!
Old 02-29-2004, 04:19 PM
paperclipracer

could they give to a ticket if you nitro was going over the speed limit
Old 02-29-2004, 04:27 PM
ICrashThings

could they give u a ticket if u were on the back of a moving truck and at the same time having your rc truck/car drive behind you?
Old 02-29-2004, 04:40 PM
spazzyfry123

I saw a video of a guy driving his RC-10 down the road while he was in the car. He was just driving it in fron tof him (it showed him going like 50) and the cops weren't happy. They showed the cops telling him not to do it on the video, but I don't know if he got ticketed or not.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:46 PM
paperclipracer

I live next to a cop... hmm i wonder?
Old 02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
kevinRC

hummmm....well i wont be driving in the street...only for breakin....other then that, across the street we go....all clear grassy and sandy..... down at the end is the track im building
Old 02-29-2004, 07:39 PM
vizaracer

i drive my r/c where ever i want and dont get ticketed or warned. i take it in the street, my neighbors yards ( only for turning around after a high speed jump). i take my r/c on government land, i take my r/c on neighborhood property. the only thing that is nice is that we dont have cops anywhere. ive only seen like 1 cop in my neighborhood since august and that was because he was going to someones house for something.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:59 PM
RichLockyer

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

could they give u a ticket if u were on the back of a moving truck and at the same time having your rc truck/car drive behind you?
If you are in violation of seatbelt and seating laws, you betcha'.
You can't ride in the back of an open pickup truck, and in states that have seatbelt laws, you can't even be in the back of a pickup with a camper or shell on the back unless there's a properly mounted seat with belts.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:06 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motionmachine

True or False?

1. AN RC owner can be ticketed for speeding in a residential neiborhood if the RC is exceeding the posted limit.

Example: RC doing 45 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.

2. An RC owner can be ticketed for wreckless driving in a residential neiborhood if the RC while speeding causes damage to others personal property.

Example: Blasting 45 mph down the street and lose control, clip the curb which launches it into the side of a brand new car, causing $500 in body and paint damage.

3. An RC operator can be ticketed for DUI if the cops arrive while your drinking and driving an RC.

Example: Use your imagination!

Im sure its not likely, but could it happen? I've known a guy with DUI conviction on a bike ROFLMAO!
1. False, since it's not a mode of personal transportation, you can't get a ticket for speeding.

2. False, not wreckless driving, but you can get "damage to personal property".

3. False, again not a mode of personal transportation, you can however get arrested for "disturbing the peace" and "drunk in public". You can get a DUI for riding a bike, lawnmower, skate board, roller skates, or anything that is a mode of personal transportation. If you're on it, and you're hammered, you can get nailed.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:29 PM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have. I was staying at my freinds hotel room, and i was starting up my evader bx. ran it around a few times then some old lady came marching out of her room chewed us out good because "she's been on the road since 5am". SO we walked over to the closed down mazzio's place and had some fun, but i think it was that ***** that said we were trying to break in.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Sypro

ok how about, if you are driving a hamster around on a trailer behind your rc car doing like 30 while your drunk or speeding? caz i have a hamster and well, i like to make things. he he he
Old 03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
motionmachine

ANIMAL CRUELTY roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.