Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN MT2 Cooling Head

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
mrjason82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN MT2 Cooling Head

Hi everyone! Here is a couple pics of my new cooling head for my CEN MT2 with the NT-16 engine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57709.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	106893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16251.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	106894  
Old 03-02-2004, 09:58 AM
mecky33

Default RE: CEN MT2 Cooling Head

Where did you get that head? its a lot nicer looking than the one I have. Just watch your tune. Some of the aftermarket heads for the MT2 can cause some tuning issues.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:45 PM
mrjason82

I talked to Dave from Crazy Nut Racing about making a head for the MT2 and he asked me to send him my old cooling head so he could make a template for it so I did and he made me that one. I'll probably try it out next week, I still haven't rebuilt my engine yet but now that I got that head I'm a little more motivated. Do you know of anyone else that makes a head for the MT2 other than the purple CEN upgrade one?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Will he put it out for production? or did he make one just for you?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:26 PM
mecky33

I do not know of any other than the Cen upgrade. That is why I am curious whether or not it will work as well as the stock head. I ran the purple head on my truck and it was very hard to tune, I switched back to the stock head and stripped it and it looks good and works well enough. Let us know how it works out.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:00 PM
mrjason82

this one was made just for me but now that he has the template you could probably email him and get one.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Sypro

ya i dont know anything about cen but are there cars any good?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:50 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the Cen fans will tell you yes, and everyone else will say no.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
mecky33

Cen does make great cars and trucks. I have never had a problem with mine, and everyone I talk to really likes theirs.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:54 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

ORIGINAL: jefx

come on jefx, you no you have to admit that cen is a pretty good brand just as good as hpi, and better than traxxas, yes I like cen because they are very well built great quality and durable, I have had ofna, hpi, traxxas products and the cen ones are on par with hpi and ofna and they seem to have better quality part than traxxas.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: jefx

Wow your a smart one.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:17 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Spyro asked if they are any good. Most people seem to be all or none on Cen products. I don't have any experience with Cen, so I have no opinion. So by asking a question like "is Cen any good?" You're going to get very biased opinions either way. People who have never owned anything but Cen will tell you they are the best, while people who have no experience with Cen will tell you they are the worst. And people with obviously biased monokers, will also say that Cen is the best.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I agree big time. i owned a .25 HPI savage and then for x-mas recived the CEN MT-2. I gave the savage to my brother right away... Well technicly, it is still mine

Most people think that just because we own a CEN product we are streching the truth but we are all honest. They really make an excelent truck. I give you my word. [sm=wink.gif]
Old 03-05-2004, 12:56 PM
nitromacguyver

the only thing that i dont like about Cen is the lack of aftermarked support for 3rd party manufacturers.

i think that this would be a big no no but could you put any 16 size head on any 16 size engine as long as it fit well?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
mrjason82

I tried taking my head up to a hobby shop to find another that would fit with it but out of their entire stock of heads not one of them fit. Shortly after that I found an ad in a magazine for crazy nut racing that said that they make a head for every engine but I didn't see it on his website so I emailed him and asked him to make me one. To answer your question I wouldn't think it to be a problem that if you DID find a head that fit then I would say that you could use it, just make sure the spacing is right and use shims if needed...I don't know for sure though. To answer for spyro, I think CEN makes very good vehicles for the price. My MT2 was my first nitro R/C ever and probably most of my beginning problems were from lack of experience but I did seem to have a lot of problems with it. I think most of the problems that I had were pretty common such as the diff cups, spur gears, and radio problems for the most part. But after I learned what the problems were and how to fix them fairly well I liked my CEN much more than 1/2 hour after I got it out of the box and tried to break it in. I'm glad that my CEN was my first Nitro R/C because i would've been really upset if I would've gotten something more expensive and mistreated it the way that I have mistreated my CEN due to lack of knowledge of this hobby.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:21 PM
mecky33

Jason, the last few lines are what make Cen such a good company. Their cars will take the abuse and keep running. yea, you may break a few parts to start with. But their products make it easy to learn what you did wrong. My MT2 is my first nitro, and it has taught me a lot about nitro and RC in general. There isn't a day that goes by that I regret buying my MT2.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:04 PM
nitromacguyver

do you think that crazy nut would make hardened steel pinions and spur gears if i asked?
Old 03-09-2004, 06:03 PM
mrjason82

Never hurts to ask. On their website they don't have anything that is steel though, only aluminum. I don't know if they are set up for steel.