Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

best electric monster truck

I was wondering what the best electric monster truck is under $200 that has a lot of possibal hop ups. I was thinking maybe the stampede? I posted this in electrics but didn't get much response
    Detail is everything!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: best electric monster truck

ya probley the pede with esc
    Team Losi-Team Novak-Express Motorsports-Proline Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know much about electrics, but I've seen a lot of E-Maxxes and everyone I've talked to with one loves it! I've seen some pretty sweet E-Maxxes too. I've only seen one Stampede, and it was nitro, so I can't give much info bout that.
    I\'m white

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Definatley the stampede. I have one, and i have NEVER boken anything but servo gears. It is an awesome truck that is very cheap, and has a lot of potential. Mine has landed nose first on blacktop while jumping many times, but ive never broke it. After having it about 1 year, all it needs is bearings in the rear wheels. Definatley an awesome truck.

Eric
    - Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought my brother a used completely stock electric stampede for Christmas...keep in mind that he's 11 years old and loves to destroy stuff. Amazingly he has not broken it yet. The diff has stripped out on him and I replaced that but he hasn't broken anything just yet. He does seem to lose a lot of body clips (which I've fixed by getting him the body clip retainers that keep the body clips attached to the body) and he doesn't take very good care of the batteries (which he doesn't have a very good charger yet either). I told him that this spring if he really wants to get into this hobby and can drive his stock stampede pretty well that I would upgrade his motor and ESC for him.
    CEN MT2
    Sportmaxx w/ 4wd and two speed- FLM chassis, bulkheads, RPM stuff, JR servos, too much other stuff
    Rustler w/ team associated .15
    OFNA Hyper 7 RTR- JR DZ8550 steering servo, power racing exhaust, pro-line crime fighters
    All with JR XR3i R

can you replace the stock motor on the PEDE with a reg one? (eletric)

if not can some one link me to one? i have reg ones but will the fit????
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/mvpposts.cfm?memberid=63826

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A friend of mine has an electric pede, probably the best 2wd electric monster truck I've seen..
    He replaced the stock motor with a speed gems sapphire and it is a ton of fun to play with.. those motors are cheap too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the tamiya wild dagger also gives you a good bang for your buck... its 4WD, but out of the box its pretty crappy... in my opinion, its potentially better than the stampede, but out of the box, the pede takes the prize....
    is there a hole in my wallet?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ooh... i forgot to suggest the clod buster by tamiya.... its awesome... its a crawler and i think its like $210 but its a very good truck... lots of aftermarket...
    is there a hole in my wallet?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The clodbuster is big and powerful, but its pretty slow stock. It is also close or above $300 after radio, and servos. Thew wild dagger looks good too, but not much aftermarket for it, and its a little on the high side.

Eric
    - Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro